Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, a few questions

1. Has anyone tried a 110 on the front instead of the stock 120?
2. Currently using Michelin Power One (A compound ) but using 30psi F and R
These tyres are sharp in the centre causing wobbles on the straights but awesome lean angles and grip. Anyone with same problem?

Reducing the psi should help but it actually got worse. dropped 1mm of the front forks and it's better. But still wobbles at the slightest bump (having a wobble at 150kmh isn't nice)

Feedback - Pirelli Super Corsa (SC2) is awesome in dry AND wet but due to compound, it doesn't handle heat cycles very well. Hardens after about 3000km (1875 miles) Had to lower the front forks 1mm for a steadier ride. Wet condition wheelies easily achived with these tyres. Had used 2 sets of these after the stock wore out.

Then I tried the Bridgestones BT016 - Sucked big time in the wet. used it for 1 week only (it rains here every other day) Even in the dry, the grove crawls too far down towards the sidewalls giving a slight wobble. No freakin way will you be able to wheelie in the wet with these tyres. Not even in 3rd. Great for those who like to spin it up out of turns in the wet though (not for me - I do it in the dry only... lack of balls for wet attempts... ha ha ha)

So that's 3 sets tyres (BT016 didn't count) finished in 10,000km (6250 miles) and I'm into my 4th with Michelins. Anyone tried the new Pirellis? Any feedback?

·
Registered
253 Posts
The p ones are greatl tires. The front is set at 30 and the rear should be 22. I know that sounds extremely low but it's what Mich recommends and I speak from experience. It works great. If you are going to be on an interstate bump the rear up to 27 so you don't over heat it.

Those are the best track tires I've ever used. If you are going to be on the track a lot I recommend them. If not the DC III"s are really good for track and street and will last much longer than the P1's will for street riding.

If you're doing mostly track the new Pirelli's and Mich's are the way to go. I've never had the problems your having. Make sure the suspension is set for YOU.
The Woodcraft guy's actually found out that their bike liked more trail than not and quit running wide in the turns when they lowered the rear which is opposite of what usually happens.

Lower the rear to 22 psi and see what you think.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
003's?

Me and a couple of Hypermotard riders from this forum will be trying the NEW Bridgestone BTOO3 SR when they come out in a couple of weeks, which are replacing the 002's. It is a DOT street track tire, a couple of my friends are at the performance limit of the Corsa III's & BTO16's and will be needing better tires for the track, however these tires will not work in the rain. After we try them we'll post the results. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
625 Posts
I really liked the 016's i just did a trackday on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UNFAST1 - Are you experiencing the wobble with Power One on straights at 130kmh and above? (80mph)

08Hyper - Yes please do update. Coz I'm running "A" compounds now (qualifying) Hee hee.. Hey, I AM a HyperRetard :p They should last another 1000 miles the most

Mental999 - Was it on a HM or a 999? BT016 is pretty good. It will last longer than SC's for sure but shite in the wet.

Btw - anyone used 110 on the front?

Just to add, by dropping a total mere 2 mm on the forks, the pipes (stock) actually scrape the road after finishing off the brake lever and pegs. I weigh 150lbs. Had to drop forks to rid the wobble when first changed to SC. Win some loose some I guess :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
UNFAST1 - Are you experiencing the wobble with Power One on straights at 130kmh and above? (80mph)

08Hyper - Yes please do update. Coz I'm running "A" compounds now (qualifying) Hee hee.. Hey, I AM a HyperRetard :p They should last another 1000 miles the most

Mental999 - Was it on a HM or a 999? BT016 is pretty good. It will last longer than SC's for sure but shite in the wet.

Btw - anyone used 110 on the front?

Just to add, by dropping a total mere 2 mm on the forks, the pipes (stock) actually scrape the road after finishing off the brake lever and pegs. I weigh 150lbs. Had to drop forks to rid the wobble when first changed to SC. Win some loose some I guess :)

I never have. Maybe it's because of my weight. I'm 6'3 and 225 without gear and I lean way forward on the bike at the track.

I really think I've got lucky and have my suspension setup pretty good for stock and that's why I've never had any issue's. I run the dog shit out of my bike at the track.
I've run BT-016's, Michelin P1's, the older power race, and Pirelli's without any wobble.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never have. Maybe it's because of my weight. I'm 6'3 and 225 without gear and I lean way forward on the bike at the track.

I really think I've got lucky and have my suspension setup pretty good for stock and that's why I've never had any issue's. I run the dog shit out of my bike at the track.
I've run BT-016's, Michelin P1's, the older power race, and Pirelli's without any wobble.
Whoa... 6'3"? Well, I'm a puny 5'6" and can only lean forward so much! Being only 150lbs don't help either ha ha ha. Yeah, I should change my springs to suit my weight better. The stock spring rates are waaayyy off for my body weight.

The P1's does give me a much better confident lean, love the compound :)

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
The p ones are greatl tires. The front is set at 30 and the rear should be 22. I know that sounds extremely low but it's what Mich recommends and I speak from experience. It works great.
Great tires, I raced and tracked my Aprilia RSV1000 on them. I think I worn out the Michelin guy asking you sure 22 psi in the rear :D

Might try to get some "professional" suspension help at the track to tune out the wobble/head shake. Also might try losing up your grip some, the death grip always seemed to make it worse for me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't tried them P1's on the track. I'm gettin the wobbles on the road. The same road I ply (or rather play) daily to work. :D
I first tried the very low recommended P1 pressures and decided to up it since I'm "on the road". Will keep experimenting. Thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts