Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking off the tripple trees to be powdercoated, I see there are some rubber isolators installed where the risers go for the handlebar.

I am confident these need to be removed before powder coat due to the oven temp, but how the heck do you get those things out??

·
Registered
470 Posts
There's ice cream in it for ya....:)
Im sure theyre pressed in. U could go to harbor frieght and get a cheap tool to 'push' them out? Like a ball joint press or something? If u have a big bolt, a nut and some sockets u could make something?? A deep socket on the bottom thats bigger than the hole theyre in, a socket on top that is slightly smaller than the hole and tighten the nut down w the bolt stuck thru the socket/triple clamp sandwich?? Kinda crude, jerry rigged method:)

Or just pull the triple clamp and take it to a machine shop.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They seem to have a steel outer and inner jacket, they are so tight in there, I tried placing a socket with the same diameter on the outer jacket and then whacked it with a mallet.... then I worried that I would move only the outer jacket and not the rubber and inner jacket... but nothing moved at all.

I'll give it another go with something tommorow.

Thank you for your reply, but since your answer is not a difinitive solution...no ice cream for you.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Make sure you can get replacement ones from Ducati before you take them out, in case they get damaged. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
470 Posts
Make sure you can get replacement ones from Ducati before you take them out, in case they get damaged. Aloha Alex
Smart. Anyone got a part number on them? Mine loosened up quite a bit after my wreck, the bars took a good hit but amazingly didnt bend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts