Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a part number maybe...
I lost the right side rubber grommet?(not sure what is called). That goes on the bracket that holds side pannier in place, down on the passenger footpeg bracket on a 15" Multistrada 1200s. I didnt know they slide right off!!!! Rode without panniers on ,just thought they were part of the bike!
Anyways..I cant find them online under oem parts.
Please help...
The number on the left grommet is 666.1.196.1A
But it doesnt seem to help.
Gary~

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I lost right side isolator too... dealer figured out the part number and I never got it. It was $15 or something like that. I added some silicone adhesive to the slot to keep them anchored this time.

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Not sure about the part number but did you check the pannier to see if it's stuck in it? I was looking at them on my 2014 today thinking how easy it would be for those to come off and me not know it until I needed to put my luggage on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Part number on the right side of my 2016 is 866.1.195.1A

Ducati Omaha has it for about $9

·
Registered
417 Posts
Not sure about the part number but did you check the pannier to see if it's stuck in it? I was looking at them on my 2014 today thinking how easy it would be for those to come off and me not know it until I needed to put my luggage on.
I've lost the right hand one on my 2014, unfortunately its not stuck in the pannier. I should have removed them when I switched to SW-Motech panniers :frown2:

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
I store them in the dash pocket when I pull the panniers off.

Reactions: DuckMan

·
Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
101 Posts
I store them in the dash pocket when I pull the panniers off.
I lost the RHS too. Unfortunately they got rid of the dash pockets on DVT models :cry:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine both came off and remained inside the slot on the case itself. I decided to make sure this did not happen while out on a trip and left it lying in a hotel parking lot somewhere in the middle of Bum-fuck Egypt.
Anyone remember the old Hairspray trick for grips?
Yep, grabbed me a spray can of the old Alberta VO5 hair spray. Yep, this shit contains all the necessary VOC's, hydrocarbons, and methyl-ethyl bad-shit that is banned in 46 other countries. Available at the corner of Happy and Healthy -----Walgreens.
Sprayed the inside of the isolator and quickly pushed it on to the holder. Held it there for about 15 seconds, and sure as shit, it stuck just like those old foam style grips from the 80's.
Give it a shot. At minimum, it will at least be reminiscent of the times when your grandmother got her hair done at the local salon.
(please note that the product mentioned above is not intended for ingestion, inhalation, or direct application to any absorption point in or on the human body):ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Lost one of mine about 6 mo ago. I now take them off and put them inside the respective side case so that I know which one goes where.

·
Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
101 Posts
I used Shoe Glue

1 - 15 of 15 Posts