Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just noticed that between all the unsupported fins on the cylinder heads there are gray, round rubber bumpers wedged in there. My assumption is that they're supposed to be there and my dealer didn't forget to pull them out during prep...... ?

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Leave 'em, they are there to damp the vibs for noise and cracking. I first noticed them on Honda 90's mid '60s

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
They are for the noise, helps dampen the "mechanical" noise, but are bad for engine cooling,
I removed ALL mine, with NO fin cracking, if there were, it would be a MAJOR DESIGN FLAW! :eek: on Ducati's part, Its mainly for the noise compliant crap. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
208 Posts
They are for the noise, helps dampen the "mechanical" noise, but are bad for engine cooling,
I removed ALL mine, with NO fin cracking, if there were, it would be a MAJOR DESIGN FLAW! :eek: on Ducati's part, Its mainly for the noise compliant crap. Aloha Alex
i agree, noise only. can anyone hear anything at all after a termi exhaust or similar?? I certainly cannot

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
i agree, noise only. can anyone hear anything at all after a termi exhaust or similar?? I certainly cannot
Think of the weight savings:think:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I've noticed several of mine falling out recently. Not sure if its a coincicdence or not, but I stated getting a bad vibration at around 5k rpm at about the same time as they started falling out.
That just means the she's "breaking in" get ready to go FASTER!!:D Aloha Alex

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Got the same on the Sportclassics. Most will fall out eventually.

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
All in or all out would be my guess,and I mean guess

·
Registered
53 Posts
For what its worth...theres 80 of them and they weigh 120 grams, so remove them and you don't need that magnesium clutch casing as thats only 120 lighter than original :rolleyes:

well I removed mine and the fly impacts have got a little bigger on my visor :D

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
And I thought he black rubber-looking things were more like an emergency checkers set.
....You never know when you are in the mood to play a game, right?

(I will try to sample one when I return to the garage, just to make sure they are not also emergency food pellets)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts