Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't know this was a thing... but my Aunt gave me these when I was in San Diego last weekend so I thought I'd scan them - makes me wonder if anyone collects them because I'm not a trading card kind of guy. I think these are from the 90 or 91 season.

Attachments

Reactions: Dukerdr and RockAZ

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Cool. I did not know they made anything like that. Looks like they were a Euro product maybe?

I have a whole bunch of old posters from races back then and into the 2000's. Mostly Laguna Seca, but also Willow Springs, and Fontana, I think. Autographed T shirts of Wayne Rainey the year they named Rainey Curve, and a **** Doohan championship shirt also autographed. Both autographs I saw the rider at the track and was already wearing the shirt. They have not been worn since.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Generally speaking, trading cards from the late 80's & early 90's are worthless since that is when they were at the height of production. Supply quickly outweighed demand. However, those RR cards are pretty unique so they may be worth something to the right collector. Especially if you have the full set. Very cool that your Aunt saved them for you. How did she acquire them?

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
That is awesome. Just about every hero of mine is in them. Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Generally speaking, trading cards from the late 80's & early 90's are worthless since that is when they were at the height of production. Supply quickly outweighed demand. However, those RR cards are pretty unique so they may be worth something to the right collector. Especially if you have the full set. Very cool that your Aunt saved them for you. How did she acquire them?
She and her late husband both rode Ducati's in SoCal in the 70's and 80's (her husband raced)... and she worked at a Ducati shop in San Diego for a good chunk of her life - she must have picked them up there.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
They were very popular in ZA, along with all kinds of others, bikes, cars, ships, planes, animals, what have you, there is also a guessing game you can play with them. Nice gift to you.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Those are really cool.

Printed in Spanish, guess that's why I never saw them in Ohio...:laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts