Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Quite possibly a tight throttle cable to the TPS, try opening the throttle to full and then ever so slowly release it. Then see if you can physically close the throttle body butterfly's some more which would indicate a tight cable or sloppy return spring. Do this with steering, left, right and centered

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
545 Posts
hmmm.. mine started after the tank was removed and replaced by the dealer... no mapping changes... im still hedging towards a mechanical thing...
I rode mine yesterday and confirmed once again it is mechanical and it is exactly what I said it was, at least on my bike. It was much worse when I bought the bike, but I had the dealer take some of the free play out of the throttle, which made it a little better. But I still find that sometimes when I brake as I'm closing the throttle, the weak throttle return causes me to leave the throttle open just a bit and I have to force myself to focus on closing it all the way. I think some of it has to do with the angle of my brake lever.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I rode mine yesterday and confirmed once again it is mechanical and it is exactly what I said it was, at least on my bike. It was much worse when I bought the bike, but I had the dealer take some of the free play out of the throttle, which made it a little better. But I still find that sometimes when I brake as I'm closing the throttle, the weak throttle return causes me to leave the throttle open just a bit and I have to force myself to focus on closing it all the way. I think some of it has to do with the angle of my brake lever.
There are indeed cases where I have had a throttle hang due to incomplete closing of the throttle as I'm operating the front brake lever, however I typically know when that happens. What I seem to be experiencing in addition is RPM hangs with throttle closed and clutch in. Was worst when in 1st gear and going downhill on a dirt road - throttle would hang as high as 3K RPM.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts