Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

Here's how I routed the battery tender pigtail, as I didn't want to always have to remove the seat or cut a hole in the battery cover tray. Pretty easy, remove the part marked "X" in the pic, it's an easy removal. From the battery area then just route down from there to the open area. Replace the black piece. Plenty of clearance for the wire, I think at some point I'll probably sand off a little of the edge of the black piece but it actually doesn't appear to chafe and moves freely.

Second pic shows it tucked away. Be careful on pigtail attachment to the battery as absolutely no room between the terminals and the battery cover tray.

Chris

Attachments

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
In the interest of keeping it clean, I almost wish that a powerlet socket was mounted next to the seat release key lock area. It's out of sight. Not sure it would have enough support for plugging/unplugging thought. I'll look over things from your pics.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, the underside of my bike really looks filthy in those shots!!

Chris

·
Registered
465 Posts
HI all,

Here's how I routed the battery tender pigtail, as I didn't want to always have to remove the seat or cut a hole in the battery cover tray. Pretty easy, remove the part marked "X" in the pic, it's an easy removal. From the battery area then just route down from there to the open area. Replace the black piece. Plenty of clearance for the wire, I think at some point I'll probably sand off a little of the edge of the black piece but it actually doesn't appear to chafe and moves freely.

Second pic shows it tucked away. Be careful on pigtail attachment to the battery as absolutely no room between the terminals and the battery cover tray.

Chris
Does the bike come with the battery tender pigtail. I just noticed what looks like one on the left side of my bike just under the seat. If so it seems mine is already routed and accessible with out removing any parts.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the bike come with the battery tender pigtail. I just noticed what looks like one on the left side of my bike just under the seat. If so it seems mine is already routed and accessible with out removing any parts.

Nope, mine didn't come with one, I bought at a shop

Chris

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
Hey Chris, That's what I was wonder... "hmm, what is that speckled crap", then I saw mine. Chain grease slung up.

·
Registered
465 Posts
HI all,

Chris
By the way, my bike did come with the battery tender pigtail. Already connected and routed just below the left driver seat.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
My dealser did that for me as well. Quite a nice little surprise when I took delivery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts