Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this pic of an electric SP and was intrigued by the dual headlight system. Can someone educate me....is this a OEM option or custom job?

Here is link to the interesting bike:http://www.evmotorcycle.org/home/node/41

·
Registered
792 Posts
Powerbronze is the name of the company that produced the kit. I think it looks alright, but really all I see is a first generation CBR900RR ('93 era).

I know all the bus headlight comments regarding the stock look...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Powerbronze is the name of the company that produced the kit. I think it looks alright, but really all I see is a first generation CBR900RR ('93 era).

My Dad actually had a CBR900 and that is what caught my attention! I'm a newbie to Ducs so I wanted to make sure this was not a special edition SS I did not know about. :D

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I had a deposit on a 1993 CBR900 before they came out. Then when they were released the dealer told me they were marking them up $1000, so I told them to forget it, and bought my SS instead. Still glad to this day the dealer was greedy. The cbr's were all newest and greatest and all that, but they still looked and felt fat to me.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'd contacted Powerbronze (they are in the UK) not that long ago and they can still make you one of these twin headlight units. I've cooled on the idea now preferring the stock look. I've also heard that there is a fair amount of self-engineering you have to do once the kit arrives. It's not a bolt on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It is a bolt on..

Hi
Got one of these Powerbronze kits waiting to go on my modded Superlight (project on the back boiler until I get a decent workshop built).

According to the instructions it's pretty much a bolt on bar the fact that you need to ever so slightly shave the front edge of each fairing lower . i.e. the lip that is hidden behind the front section once everything's installed.
Given that this area is hidden from sight it's not an issue.

Going to match it with a half fairing.

·
Registered
238 Posts

I always thought the Powerbronze unit looked like it was a direct copy of a 1985 Yamaha FZ600 fairing

·
Registered
692 Posts
Round Headlights...

Hey vulpine3, please post some pics if possible of the project from initial to final product installed! If it's not too much to ask!:rolleyes: Would certainly help some members including me!:D Good luck!:abduct:

·
Registered
163 Posts
too vanilla IMO

now Race skins w/ a single projector beam (one side or another, not centered) is too hot

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think the single offset round projector is an awesome look - Suzuka-8-Hours-style. I have an old Japanese bike magazine with a picture of an 888 rocking that look, it is very hot indeed.

d.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
headlights

I have a set installed on my 1996 900 SSCR...pics are in the Gallery.
Mike S

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
US importer in Michigan emailed me saying kit has been discontinued and no longer in production by PowerBronze. :confused: I'm planning to buy another 900SP and customize it for track use only and this kit would be great.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi there, if you got some time to spare you could do it yourself.
I wanted to get rid of the square headlight also but i didn't like the aftermarked stuff that much. So i cut up the original topfairing and started modelling.

I 've got no idea how to post a picture but just check my images to see the result.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I think the single offset round projector is an awesome look - Suzuka-8-Hours-style. I have an old Japanese bike magazine with a picture of an 888 rocking that look, it is very hot indeed.

d.
+1
The dual headlight is dorky unless you convert to the 916 style.

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
I 've got no idea how to post a picture but just check my images to see the result.

here is your picture, you can use

www.imageshack.us

for further picture uploads, just copy and paste
the "hotlink for forums" into your answer.

cheers.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If you go to the above site, click on ducati, you'll see the 'mito" conversion at the bottom of page 1.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts