Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the symptoms of a bent fork in the transmission?
Would it impact all the gear or just one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tye for the quick response.
The issue is actually with the wife's 999. For some reason, she started to experience a small delay in the clutch engagement from 1st to 2nd. Last night, started to slip. I just got the bike towed to the dealer and I am waiting an answer. The fact that she was having problems between first and second pointed me to a possible issue with the fork for those gear. If this is the case, how expensive would it be for the dealer to fix? cheaper to get a new tranny?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tye1138.

I just got a call from my mechanic informing me that a string broke off and wrapped around the internals of the clutch causing the clutch to "explode". I will need a new basket, center hub, bearings and clutch plates. The previous owner had a slipper clutch installed and gave me all the parts from the stock unit. Most of damaged parts are in the box but I still need new clutch plates. Just corious, are the 999 and 1098 12T plates the same?

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
Thanks Tye1138.

I just got a call from my mechanic informing me that a string broke off and wrapped around the internals of the clutch causing the clutch to "explode". I will need a new basket, center hub, bearings and clutch plates. The previous owner had a slipper clutch installed and gave me all the parts from the stock unit. Most of damaged parts are in the box but I still need new clutch plates. Just corious, are the 999 and 1098 12T plates the same?
Yes.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts