Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That's "Savant" Not just Idiot!
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not meant to be a rant.
I was out sqid'n it up, wearing my wife beater, fingerless gloves, shorts and thongs. Not mention my lack of proper footwear!! :D
I had a couple SOB’S cut me off by turning left immediately in front of me. They were diving an old pickup full of construction cleanup and dumped several pieces 2x4, 4x4, 2x8, etc right in my lane.
I thought one chunk hit my foot peg as it bounced/wedged under my bike and gave me a little catapult effect. When I stopped and put the kickstand down it would not support the bike and I dropped her. The piece hit my kickstand bracket and broke my case at the front mounting bolt.
We are in prime riding weather in the PNW and I needed a quick fix. So here is my quick fix.
I found a piece of 3/16th plate aluminum and some light cardboard to help make a template.
I utilized the unused threaded mount in front of the kickstand bracket as a second mounting point along with the rear bolt hole for the KS bracket. I then marked and drilled a counter sunk hole in the aluminum plate and used a flat head bolt with nylock nut for the front mounting position.
In the pictures you see the very cut and mark out on the plate aluminum and then with it installed.
Could I make it smaller yes, will I yes. Like I said it is a quick fix.
I hope this helps someone.
Also I would love hear of a permanent fix if anybody knows of one!

Attachments

·
That's "Savant" Not just Idiot!
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Smalls said:
your lucky to be alive, and stupid for not wearing any gear.
It's was just a little joke to see who real PREEVERTS are around here. Hence the big smiley face. :D
And to all you PREEVERTS......... I love each and every one of you like a brother!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts