Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well they offered Rossi 17 million euros to stay at Ducati.

however he said its not about the money.

Yamaha wants him but I think he might be looking at Honda.

i really would like him and hayden to start kicking some Azz with the DUCs.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I think Rossi would rather remain the No. 1 rider on a factory team (Ducati) than No. 2 (Yamaha), or running a satellite entry (Honda). Then there's all that money ... :cool:

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
Very, very high probability that he's going back to Yamaha. Essentially its a done deal, but just needs to be signed.

He's done with Ducati, and Honda is not an option because (1) their history and (2) they already have their Repsol team complete w/ Pedrosa and Marquez.

Nicky re-signed with a 1 year contract for Ducati.

But a big question is Colin and Ben. Both of them are pissed off like Stoner, and think GP is being dumb downed.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Honda is not an option because (1) their history and (2) they already have their Repsol team complete w/ Pedrosa and Marquez.

hmmm ... Honda's HRC boss offered Rossi a full factory bike on a satellite team

·
Registered
514 Posts
Right. A satellite team. That is just not going to happen for Rossi.
Why not? From what I understand it'd essentially be a bike full of Rossi's sponsors, set up exactly how he wants it, with factory support, on either the 1st or 2nd best bike on the grid.. Not a bad option considering where he sits right now..

·
Registered
725 Posts
Right. A satellite team. That is just not going to happen for Rossi.

What,.. he'll have the best bike on the grid, sets his own rules, puts his people where he wants and is still the highest paid motorcycle racer in the world.

... now he wouldn't want this why ???

* you probalbly think he would have a lesser bike on a/his satellite team ?

No would be a full factory ride bike, with HRC personal assigned to it

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't see why he wouldn't want a sattelite HRC honda, but it's looking more and more like a return to yamaha. I understand why he made the move to Ducati but now its time to cut his losses and wrap up his career with some decent finishes.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I believe someone on this forum said it first but I happen to agree with. Honda may give Rossi a factory bike but his parts and frequency of updates won't match the Repsol teams.

That's why it's better for Rossi to go to Yamaha plus he knows the M1 very well. As much as I love Ducati I think I'd rather see the old GOAT back at
Yamaha. He doesn't have time to wait and hope for Ducati to make the bike competitive.

Im sure Preziosi is a nice guy but I think Audi needs to get some new people with a faster work ethic behind this project. I mean just look at this season it's more than mid season and they haven't given Val or Nicky shit. Still no engine update are you kidding me?

Also I would love to see Val and Jorge do battle on the same machines this time with Rossi healthy. Should make for some great racing.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Im sure Preziosi is a nice guy but I think Audi needs to get some new people with a faster work ethic behind this project. I mean just look at this season it's more than mid season and they haven't given Val or Nicky shit. Still no engine update are you kidding me?
Very true. Logic would say with the Japanese corporate hierarchy development would be a slow thing while a small company like Ducati could swiftly make parts as required. The opposite is true and while Ducati is slow to give Burgess and the riders what they need the rest of the field stays 2 steps ahead...they need to fire some asses can we have Tardozzi

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Nothing is off the board right now....but IF Honda offered VR a spot believe me that Honda would have every part the factory Repsols had....w/o a doubt!
It looks like he's heading to Yamaha if anywhere...although there was an interesting article in Ductalk which seems to have VR considering staying with Ducati so he can win on 3 different brands, be the #1 rider and the challenge of getting that Desmosedici winning again. Can you imagine Rossi getting that Desmo working again, winning.....
I feel bad for Spies....he deserved another few years....I've busted on him but he really has the talent to win at this level. Maybe Yamaha got sick of his mother...:D

Here's another article from Ductalk...

http://www.ducati.net/2012/08/rossi-did-the-dream-die-in-the-corkscrew-dust/

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Every American President in recent memory, when facing the end of their term in office, begins shaping and refining their legacy--the what and how they will be remember for after leaving office. I believe Rossi is feeing that right now.

The why of Ducati's failures have been flogged to death here and on other forms around the net and in the end, as far a Rossi is concerned, it really doesn't matter. What does is the dismal results of the last season and a half and how they'll affect his legacy. The nine-time world champion wants to go out on top and the status quo won't help him accomplish this in a timely manner. He very well may have a lot of fight left, but he ain't no spring chicken.

I'm sure Audi is serious about wanting to make changes. The question in everybody's mind is, how quickly will they act? Probably not fast enough for Rossi to go out on top any time soon, and he needs the 'soon.' It's also not about money. The guys got more than all of us put together. He earns what, about $1M per race? It about saving face and getting back on the box, now rather than later. All champions, regarless of the disipline, will tell you it's the buzz they get from winning that motivates. Everything else is secondary. It's the same feeling top salespeople get from closing the sale.

Who can get Rossi up front the quickest? Yamaha? Probably the easiest transition. Honda? Could work. Staying with Ducati? Don't bet the farm.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Rossi has corrected these numbers, and said that the Ducati offer is less than He is making this year. I believe this number to be a little exaggerated.
Rossi said it himself... Rossi wants the "titles on 3 brands", but I think Rossi also realizes that He is older and may not have the time to wait for Ducati to pull their head out. Even with Audi's help... it may be a gamble... and it may take a bit if it does turn around.

Why not? From what I understand it'd essentially be a bike full of Rossi's sponsors, set up exactly how he wants it, with factory support, on either the 1st or 2nd best bike on the grid.. Not a bad option considering where he sits right now..
Perhaps it is not just about Rossi himself? or His sponsors... perhaps the wait has something to do with Burgess? I have read about the Yamaha offer. Far less money for Rossi... may not get to bring his "team" with him... and He "will" have to bring some sponsors for sure. Just maybe, Burgess is thinking about retirement... and Rossi is spending this time arranging the "team" that will be working with him? I do think that Rossi's riding style will fit the M1 , more so than the Honda.. but these are just my thoughts...

But.... will he beat Jorge on a Yamaha?
good question... I think that Rossi would have a hard time indeed. But that said, I'd like to see it. No more blaming the bike... and Rossi was recently interviewed and He was quoted as to say that Yamaha made the right choice when they decided that Jorge would be their "#1" guy. Rossi also said that being "#2" is something that is causing some thought.
I do believe that if Rossi can't bring Burgess with him to Yamaha, even if Rossi wants to pay for Burgess himself... that may be part of the problem as well. Would be interesting to see if Burgess retires... perhaps we will hear a bit of that info when Rossi announces His decision?
I would like to see Rossi on the M1... and teamed up with Jorge. I think it will be a good move for Rossi to accept being the #2 guy... and to be able to show what He's got left on a sorted bike.
Could end up being a challenge as large as staying with Ducati and waiting for their shit to get together.
the big difference? No more being able to blame the bike.
I think that Rossi would do well on the M1... but to beat Jorge?... Rossi's "team" will be very important as well. A very tall order, but I want to see Rossi go for it.
If Rossi gets on the M1 and is able to give Jorge a run for it? That would do a lot for Rossi's legacy, but it would not be so good for Ducati's.
I do not see Rossi doing anything on the Ducati... nor anyone else for a while.. my $.02.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts

i really would like him and hayden to start kicking some Azz with the DUCs.
Rossi has denied he was offered 17 million. He said he was offered less than his current salary commensurate with the current malaise in the industry.

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts

rossi on a Honda = beaten by pedrosa , Lorenzo and others

rossi on a yamaha = beaten by lorenzo and pedrosa and others

rossi on a ducati = beaten by most of the field

rossi ought to follow stoner to retirement while his star hasnt quite gone out

1 - 20 of 201 Posts