Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok ...I was about to write up a decent piece on Rossi's visit to my shop on Saturday whilst we did his cam timing, carb sync and a generally hadda productive and entertaining day .....but I seem to be in a very bad mood ....I had a 32 gb sd card in my decent cannon digital camera with which I took lots of pics and video which I intended to post with my narrative of the day but I attempted to use said sd card in one of those pile of junk GoPro's when I rode the route of the Aug get together yesterday ...another piece I wanted to post ....I put on 600kms and got home at 23:00hrs last nite ....whilst attempting to record the best parts of the route I found this little pile of junk kept shutting itself off ! So I just gave up on it and decided to take a few stills here and there with the Iphone...

When I go to upload the pics and video tonite for both these articles I was gonna write I found that every last file has been deleted except for one video I took 2 weeks ago (weird) from the sd card along with the stuff I was gonna post along with tons of other stuff !!!

It will take me about a month (or never) to calm down from this but when I do I will take the time to write up everything ....or maybe Rossi can fill in for me here ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

I remember having similar problems with a "great" Canadian product .... the Blackberry ...more junk ...took it to the range and blew a hole dead centre with my .45 Beretta ..which is where the GoPro is headed ...

See me with the GoPro rep at .48 of this video ...

ggrrrrrrrrrrrgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (spits, fumes, gripes, stomps, holds breath, sues GoPro,heads out to range)

Mad Man Muzz

P.S. > Wonder if they can recover lost data from sd cards.......(fat chance)...if so I will remove it before I head out to the range ....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Whoa, steady there! Coupla deep breaths, now, that's better..

Now, use BOTH hands, that's right, calm, and squeeze...

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
There are applications which can recover data from SD cards and are often pretty successful. Whatever you do, completely stop using the card. Any use (writing especially, but reading and just being connected) can considerably lower your chances. Hopefully the GoPro didn't overwrite the data.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A good IT tech can recover deleted files on sd cards, i did a similer thing but my wife's 50th birthday pic's.He recovered all but 4 pic's out of over 120 in total.
good luck
cheers Nev

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Easy Tiger! Memory can go bad so don't automatically think it's the camera (my wife validates bleeding-edge servers for a major chip manufacturer, she knows this stuff). Also, you're talking about digital devices and if not handled carefully the circuit boards, traces, joints, etc. can crack. My wifes BB (I didn't know they were Canadian, ay) was flawless.

Sorry about the picture loss :( I know that sucks. Put that memory card aside so you don't use it and call a computer repair shop to see if they can pull the images and if they can't, can they recommend a place that can. Afterwards, see if they can run an exhaustive test on the memory card to make sure it's good.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok ...I was about to write up a decent piece on Rossi's visit to my shop on Saturday whilst we did his cam timing, carb sync and a generally hadda productive and entertaining day .....but I seem to be in a very bad mood ....I had a 32 gb sd card in my decent cannon digital camera with which I took lots of pics and video which I intended to post with my narrative of the day but I attempted to use said sd card in one of those pile of junk GoPro's when I rode the route of the Aug get together yesterday ...another piece I wanted to post ....I put on 600kms and got home at 23:00hrs last nite ....whilst attempting to record the best parts of the route I found this little pile of junk kept shutting itself off ! So I just gave up on it and decided to take a few stills here and there with the Iphone...

When I go to upload the pics and video tonite for both these articles I was gonna write I found that every last file has been deleted except for one video I took 2 weeks ago (weird) from the sd card along with the stuff I was gonna post along with tons of other stuff !!!

It will take me about a month (or never) to calm down from this but when I do I will take the time to write up everything ....or maybe Rossi can fill in for me here ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

I remember having similar problems with a "great" Canadian product .... the Blackberry ...more junk ...took it to the range and blew a hole dead centre with my .45 Beretta ..which is where the GoPro is headed ...

See me with the GoPro rep at .48 of this video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5zELTa9Ris

ggrrrrrrrrrrrgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (spits, fumes, gripes, stomps, holds breath, sues GoPro,heads out to range)

Mad Man Muzz

P.S. > Wonder if they can recover lost data from sd cards.......(fat chance)...if so I will remove it before I head out to the range ....

Got a Daffy Duck video....

Unless I'm missing something...?

Sent thundering through my Termis!

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I don't know much about GoPro's so admittedly this is just based on my general computer knowledge, but I would guess that if you took a memory card out of a camera and then put it in a GoPro (or any different device for that matter), that device would need to reformat (and thereby erase) the contents of the card before it can be used. At the very least, it sounds like it is designed to just grab space by deleting any type of file it doesn't recognize in order to make room for the video (which takes up a lot of space). So my theory would be that it a) wiped the pictures in order to make room for the video and b) unrelated, had battery or some other issue that meant it kept shutting off and unable to record any new video.

sucks, but yea, go with the other's suggestions for trying to recover the pics.
good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts