Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
WAAAY to early to speculate. I think it depends on what Yamaha does, how Lorenzo is treated etc.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i agree... it is a bit early for this one... but kinda fun to think about...

part of me thinks that if Ben wraps up the WSBK title this year, we still may see him on the satellite Tech 3 next year...
then the next year...2011... say Rossi and Burgess go to Ducati... and Spies and Jorge are the Factory Yamaha squad....

could be fun.... who knows... Rossi and Spies still have work to do this year for sure.. but speculation is always fun. and to be honest.. i'd love to see Rossi on the Duc... but i think Burgess will have to come with him...
we will see...

first things first.. '09 titles to be decided...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey i just had to drop that because everyone was fire hayden, stoner cries at night, why isint spies on a ducati, how do two riders (perdosa and lorenzo) both turn down crazy 13mil ish deals with ducati etc. i just had to throw the interview out there. the video is with rossi and even he laughs it off as too early to tell.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
yep... but i'm sure this topic will pop back up in about 10 months....

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
MILAN, Sept 7 (Reuters) - MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi has not completely ruled out one day racing for Ferrari in Formula One.

The Italian considered joining Ferrari three years ago but stuck with bikes. He had said his F1 dream was over but talked to the team about filling in for the injured Felipe Massa at this weekend's Italian Grand Prix before deciding against it.

After the official announcement earlier today that Dani Pedrosa had signed a one-year contract with Repsol Honda, we predicted that MotoGP's silly season in 2010 would the most frantic ever, as the contracts of all of the Fantastic Four - Pedrosa, Ducati's Casey Stoner, and Yamaha riders Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo - are due to expire at the end of 2010. Little did we realize just how prophetic those words would be, or just how soon the hunt would be opened.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Nah.. He''ll go to Suzuki Prove AGAIN it's him and not just the bike.

There must have been a reason he was talking to Schwantz the other weekend.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Nah.. He''ll go to Suzuki Prove AGAIN it's him and not just the bike.

There must have been a reason he was talking to Schwantz the other weekend.
ok... that would be really fun... i was reading the other day that Schwantz still feels a calling to Motogp... he talked about wanting his own team some day. when asked about WSBK or the US. series... he stated that if the offer was really nice, maybe WSBK... but no way in hell he would bother with the american series...

so... perhaps Schwantz gets his own MotoGP team for suzuki... and his rider is Rossi... now that would be fun..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
all fun idea.. I hope to see Rossi on another brand before he retires, hopfully not suzuki though.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
ok... that would be really fun... i was reading the other day that Schwantz still feels a calling to Motogp... he talked about wanting his own team some day. when asked about WSBK or the US. series... he stated that if the offer was really nice, maybe WSBK... but no way in hell he would bother with the american series...

so... perhaps Schwantz gets his own MotoGP team for suzuki... and his rider is Rossi... now that would be fun..
I heard that right now he is talking about possibly doing a moto2 team with an unnamed partner. It would be an in to the team owner position, but the cost for a full on GP effort are staggering thanks to the four strokes, so he would need some serious sponsorship to move into the premier class.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
almost like a dream team... sponsorship?... Rossi can help with that..

where ever Kevin ends up... i wish him the best... always been a big fan.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Rossi should go to Ducati, so he can help Ducati sort out whatever problem that POS bike is having, kinda like what Rossi did with Yamaha............

#46 looks good in red.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i agree.... the thing is... i think Rossi would need to bring Burgess... and the Ducati engineers would have to be open minded to his input.

i believe him to be the key element... Jeremy is the man... and Rossi wouldn't have turned the Yamaha around without him... Burgess is as important as Rossi to me....

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
i agree.... the thing is... i think Rossi would need to bring Burgess... and the Ducati engineers would have to be open minded to his input.

i believe him to be the key element... Jeremy is the man... and Rossi wouldn't have turned the Yamaha around without him... Burgess is as important as Rossi to me....
Oh, for sure Burgess is critical to any move, especially in the current era of very little testing time.

One thing I am curious about is how Rossi currently feels about Tobacco sponsorship. When he first left Honda for Yamaha there was a huge issue over the Galoises sponsorship from the Altadis (tobacco) group. There where threats of legal action by the tobacco firm, it was just a mess. Obviously, Rossi ran their colors for two years only to be replaced by Fiat as the corporate partner. It is very speculative, but it certainly is possible that Rossi made it clear he wouldn't run their colors if he was to re-sign for Yamaha. Which leads to Ducati who is sponsored by Marlboro. Marlboro would be the deep pockets necessary to pay Rossi's huge salary, but would Rossi agree? Is Rossi still altruistic or has he softened his stance?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
good point about the tobacco.... i guess Ducati has a few months to figure something out.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ya, if Ducati wants Rossi that bad, they would proly give him the best bike, ship him the best parts, run his preferred sponsor, and have Burgess tune it.

Or Rossi can run on Pramac team................Na, not gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Wouldn't he be able to do the exact same thing by making the move to Ducati and winning with it? Actually i say even more so.
No... Ducati won a Championship in 07, and if Casey hadnt fallen apart would be in the running this year for the title as well. So obviously the Ducati is a worth bike. When Rossi took over at Yamaha they were in trouble much like Suzuki is now

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
have to agree with the kingsnake on that one.... i figure the suzuki would take a lot more effort to turn around than the Ducati....

though i think i'd still like to see Rossi mixing it up on anther bike... i don't know if a rider has ever won championships on three different bikes in the premier class... but it would be fun to see Rossi give it a go.

i'd prefer to see him on the Duc for sure... but it be really crazy to see him do it on the Suzuki....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts