Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally think this is a good move for both parties. Who do you think Ducati will pick up to partner Hayden?

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/motogp-official-rossi-returns-to-yamaha

MOTOGP: Official - Rossi Returns To Yamaha
The legendary Valentino Rossi will return to Yamaha, where he previously won four world titles, for the 2013 and 2014 MotoGP World Championship seasons.
Media Release | Posted August 10, 2012 Gerno di Lesmo (ITA)

RELATED
Russell On Wind Tunnel
Moto Racing On SPEED Facebook
Rossi's Choice
Who Goes Where In 2013?
Ducati Team's Valentino Rossi (Photo: Ducati Corse)
It is with great pleasure that Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd confirms the signing of Valentino Rossi to ride for the Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team for 2013 and 2014.

Valentino Rossi first joined Yamaha in 2004 and achieved four MotoGP World Champion titles with the Yamaha YZR-M1 in 2004 & 2005 and again in 2008 & 2009. He won 46 Grand Prix races with Yamaha over a 7-year period before leaving at the end of the 2010 MotoGP season.

Rossi, who is presently 8th in the Championship standings, will partner Jorge Lorenzo who currently leads the 2012 MotoGP World Championship by 23 points, having taken five victories from the first ten completed races of the 18 race series.

Lin Jarvis Managing Director, Yamaha Motor Racing

“This announcement is once again excellent news for Yamaha. In June we were able to sign Jorge Lorenzo for the 2013-14 campaign and now we are able to confirm Valentino Rossi for the next two years. In doing so we have been able to put together the strongest possible team to challenge for victories and to promote the Yamaha brand.

We have run this ‘super team’ together in 2008, 2009, and 2010 and during that time we achieved the ‘triple crown’ titles with Rider, Manufacturer and Team World Championship victories for three consecutive years.

The target for the future is obvious and we will do our utmost to achieve our goals.

I have no doubt that with the experience, knowledge, skills and speed of these two great champion riders we will be able to challenge for many race wins and for the 2013 & 2014 World Championship titles.

The signing of Valentino completes our future planning for the Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team. Now that this is done we will put our 100% efforts into completing the job at hand and to supporting Ben Spies and Jorge Lorenzo in their search for race victories and for Jorge’s 2012 World Championship title challenge.”

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Great news! Hiring Rossi was probably the biggest Mistake Ducati has ever made. They are going to have a hard time finding any top level rider to sign after Rossi's lack of performance on the bike. Maybe with the money they save on Rossi's salary they can go back to a full factory effort in WSB.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Best of Luck to Rossi. Hope he finds the joy of racing again and actually starts trying to ride the bike again instead of riding scared like he has.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It will be interesting to see if his replacement gets a one or two year deal since Nicky only got 1. 2013 may be the end for Ducati in Motogp and Dorma too.

·
Premium Member
12,450 Posts
Best of Luck to Rossi. Hope he finds the joy of racing again and actually starts trying to ride the bike again instead of riding scared like he has.
When one has seen and being involved in the horror of crashes, I can give him some slack...

Some fears come and go...
Best wishes for all riders who entertain us...Risking it all , for meer Money.and other stuff...:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
He should have just called it quits instead of risking hurting himself trying to keep up with a field of riders much faster then him. Like father like son. It's gonna take a big crash for him to bow out. Casey did it the right way and left the sport at his prime. For his sake I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt that's gonna happen...

That said I really hope Ducati picks up Dovizioso.

·
Registered
10 Posts
He should have just called it quits instead of risking hurting himself trying to keep up with a field of riders much faster then him. Like father like son. It's gonna take a big crash for him to bow out. Casey did it the right way and left the sport at his prime. For his sake I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt that's gonna happen...

That said I really hope Ducati picks up Dovizioso.
Dovi doesn't want to ride the Ducati...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dovi doesn't want to ride the Ducati...
Yeah, he wanted the Yamaha but they picked Rossi.

Hayden has done well on the bike but he is also out of his prime. Ducati needs a new up and comer to ride around the issues of the bike and win some damn races.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
This thread is awesome!! I'm sure it will get to the bottom of Rossi's woes..

I'm hoping Cal gets the job-

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Good to hear that Rossi is moving on. I love to see him when he is on top. He is my all time favorite. It does not matter what bike he is on. Will he be able to beat Lolipop? Maybe not as Loli is in his life form but I am sure that Rossi will win races.

Regarding Ducati. I am not sure that it will improve next year. Maybe with Audi cash they can buy back there old team now when Stoner is gone. A big part of Ducati team went to Honda with stoner. If they come back (stoner old crew) and if they get a young rider with big balls like Cratchlow maybe it might turn around but i think that the Ducati is just to far of to be able to fix in a quick way.

Jocke............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts