Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone order a suit from them? Seems like a pretty good deal for custom made race/riding leathers <$400. I'm not a racer but I could appreciate the extra protection of a one piece suit that would fit me correctly. I have lots of riding gear but nothing I have ever fits me everywhere correctly.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Have a set made at Vanson, they are worth the money. They take longer to break in, but they will probably last longer than you will fit them. I had mine made 11 years ago, and while they don't look new, they definitely will be good for another ten at least. And they fit like they measured me sitting on my bike.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Recieved custom $325 suit, quite happy!

Ordered off ebay, a custom fitted riding suit, its pretty well made, weighs 12 lbs, fits me perfect, plenty of padding including back hump, heavy zipper around the waste. Only negatives are the armor is cheap which I already replaced and single stitching. I figure if it lasts for one crash, it is worth it since I've only been down once in 40 years and I could buy 4- 6 suits for price of other custom name brand race suits. Order site is in Canada, shipped from England.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Reasonably-priced riding leathers

I found this place (via Ebay) that also makes them reasonably-priced, and double-stitched at the main seams...topgearleather.com. Anyone bought from them before? I am not a racer (yet), but want protection...

If they are good, since there are a few of us in the forums looking for leathers, then I wonder if we can get a group purchase discount for a better deal....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts