Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The weather looks fabulous, for now, so I'm planning on attending. Never been but the ride up from Litchfield, CT looks great!
Scott

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
HI Scott! Too bad I have my Son's graduation..otherwise, I'd be there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..dang! I was hoping I'd see you there, or ride up with you! My son's Sr. Prom is Saturday night. Lots of events this weekend!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Lots of action in the son department the weekend then guys !!
I wonder what my son's doing, I'll ask him and check.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's funny MarkST!! I suppose you'll make it too if you're not too wet from fording the big pond....

·
Registered
426 Posts
My bikes apart for tank lining and new belts and I've been itching to get in the race car...so i'll not make it. :(

·
Registered
605 Posts
i think I should be good for this if you're looking for company on the ride up.

ltbrkm3 - where are you leaving from? And when? Do you have a route figured out?

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
I will be joining the CT group at the normal gas station in Otis MA. From Coventry, I'm taking 44 to Winsted to pick up 8 in to MA.

There may be a meet up point in Winsted, but I am not sure if that is confirmed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think I should be good for this if you're looking for company on the ride up.

ltbrkm3 - where are you leaving from? And when? Do you have a route figured out?
Sure!
Probably right from the Center of Litchfield. I'm not yet sure about the time as I have not heard from the guy I'm supposed to be going with. I'll post when I do and it should be the next day or so.

Yes on the route. Probably 8 to 9 to 8A to 112 to 100 to 9 to 5....or facsimile thereof. There are a few ways and one way I have not tried, but off of 100 in Dover, VT there is a road called Dover Hill Rd. and I want to take it, but I don't know if it's dirt or pavement. It snakes its way to Putney through the hills between Dover and Putney.
We're lucky as from Northwest CT, you pretty much have to take curvy back roads!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be joining the CT group at the normal gas station in Otis MA. From Coventry, I'm taking 44 to Winsted to pick up 8 in to MA.

There may be a meet up point in Winsted, but I am not sure if that is confirmed.
That's a good ride and may be my route from Winsted up too.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Are you planning to meet up with the CT group, led by Oz, or are you riding to VT on your own?

Oz has picked pretty good routes on prior rides, but I am not familiar with the area, so anything new seems good to me!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you planning to meet up with the CT group, led by Oz, or are you riding to VT on your own?

Oz has picked pretty good routes on prior rides, but I am not familiar with the area, so anything new seems good to me!
There are a few great routes to Putney! Mine stays off 91 North entirely, but will take longer. Mapquest has it at 3 hours 43 minutes one way from Litchfield. OZ's route picks up 91 North late in the ride and is shorter by time. I have one road I'd like to try that remains an unknown in Dover, VT. I don't think it's dirt as it seems to be a main road, but I don't know the condition of the road. I want to try it anyway!
OZ's route:
Meet in the Middle 2012

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looks like you guys had a good turn out. We did swing in but most bike were gone by the time we finished filling the Grocery hole...
Had a chuckle in line....short little lady...who was stereotypical Harley wife say...Hum...you never would have seen all theses JAP bikes here in the good old days. My wife all most pee'd her pant tiring to contain herself from bursting out laughing.
Some chick was doing hand stands on her bike seat...

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Was a good turn out. I ended up meeting the CT group in Winsted. We stopped in Otis and picked up one more, then another along the route. We had FOUR ultra rare Senna colored bikes in our group... 3 STs and an SS... Maybe I need to paint my bike red to be different?

Great day. There is a pic of the girl doing the bike hand stand over on the NEDOC site. Three us took 91 home (two STs and an SS, all Sennas). I think we left around 1:30.

Next year, I'm not getting the half rack of ribs. Still full! That was a lot of food!

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Some pics, and an 1199 sighting.

Otis meet-up

Nice turn-out. This was about 12:30.

A left low side would be unfortunately expensive.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Sweet looking machine. As for details, I can't figure out what is more unsightly, the passenger pegs still being there or the wires leading to the shock. ;)

The quick sifter is intriguing also.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
The passenger pegs wouldn't have left the dealer with me and that shock is pretty much right in your face. Kind of odd, but cool. I think I would suffer along pretty well with it!

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Ohlins bits and the placement are great. All the structural parts being right there are neat to see. Just too many DES errors on the other bike and those seem to be ECU related.

Thinking of how much hand torque is necessary to adjust manual suspensions, I just don't see the compact motors and electronic bits being reliable down the road.

If I was someone that changed bikes with the seasons, it wouldn't be an issue. That's just not me.

The Ti spring that someone posted was rockin' also.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
ahem, and a 999s :)

Was a good turn out. I ended up meeting the CT group in Winsted. We stopped in Otis and picked up one more, then another along the route. We had FOUR ultra rare Senna colored bikes in our group... 3 STs and an SS... Maybe I need to paint my bike red to be different?

Great day. There is a pic of the girl doing the bike hand stand over on the NEDOC site. Three us took 91 home (two STs and an SS, all Sennas). I think we left around 1:30.

Next year, I'm not getting the half rack of ribs. Still full! That was a lot of food!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts