Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Received a phone call early this morn from Beverly Hills Ducati upon it's arrival. They said...COME AND RIDE IT!! I HAD plans to hang with a hot chick all day. But I had to put her on the back burner and take this hotter chick out first.

It's their demo model, the pre-ordered models arrive some time next week.

This bike blew me away just riding thru city traffic. Feels so natural under your body, and steers before you make the effort to countersteer. The new Pirelli's made for the bike even tho unscrubbed, they felt like 3 week old soft compound DOT race rubber. I'll post up the onboard footage I shot riding thru LA, it's not much to look at but some may enjoy it. I didn't realize my ReplayXD camera lens had a bug smeared across it. So the video looks kinda cloudy in the center of shot.

Shots were taken at Beverly Hills Ducati, Platinum Collision Center, and Crooks & Castles HQ.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
I am sure it's a great bike, but I can't get over how it looks like a Kawi 650. Not art, like Ducs used to be. More techno brutal, like a beamer.

·
Banned
523 Posts
nice man! but what's up with the merc and the bentley in the back?? Does that Ducati dealer also sell luxury/exotic cars? lol. Also are you replacing your R1 with the 1199? I'm assuming you're the same guy with the same youtube username where I've watched like 20 videos of awesome canyon riding and you getting pulled over by officer Zimmer? :D

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I'm excited to hear from others' experiences. The first reviews have been off the charts, and everyone has said how intuitive and comfortable the bike is. May have to break the bank on this one - as in my wife will hate me. :D

Ron

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nice, are they still demoing the bike? I would love to ride it, you where right down the street from my office.. dammit

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm excited to hear from others' experiences. The first reviews have been off the charts, and everyone has said how intuitive and comfortable the bike is. May have to break the bank on this one - as in my wife will hate me. :D

Ron
Having tires built for the machine also enhance the intuitiveness. Words really can't describe the feeling on this bike. You all must sample it. It doesn't feel anything like the 1198 either...
Nice, are they still demoing the bike? I would love to ride it, you where right down the street from my office.. dammit
Yeh go take her for a spin.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Excellent, that's great to hear. I look forward to seeing the video. My S just arrived at my dealer here in NY today, can't wait to get over there.

-Dave

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
This thing needs to grow on me a bit. I haven't seen one in person yet, but it just doesn't have that Ducati appeal w/o a trellis frame, dry clutch....it seems to be a piece of plastic wrapped around an engine. I'm sure it will be most impressive in person....I guess things change.

·
Banned
523 Posts
This thing needs to grow on me a bit. I haven't seen one in person yet, but it just doesn't have that Ducati appeal w/o a trellis frame, dry clutch....it seems to be a piece of plastic wrapped around an engine. I'm sure it will be most impressive in person....I guess things change.
it'll be interesting to see the first guy who tries to strap it in a truck or on a trailer and doesn't know what to tie the straps to since the frame is gone :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Too bad Ducati kept the artistic qualities along with tech advances - they don't have to compete with Jap bikes - love my 999 and would not trade it for - POSER 1199 - each to his own - ride happy and safe

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Too bad Ducati kept the artistic qualities along with tech advances - they don't have to compete with Jap bikes - love my 999 and would not trade it for - POSER 1199 - each to his own - ride happy and safe
Don't understand your post.

·
Registered
516 Posts

if any one buys a 1199 and feels like this gentelman i will be a good guy and trade you my 999 for your 1199

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts

if any one buys a 1199 and feels like this gentelman i will be a good guy and trade you my 999 for your 1199
So far Ive kept my 996 and updated the engine, turns as good as the latest bikes, BUT I'd like to try the panigale, give it a try will you?
I'd like to thrash it on the track :)

Its hit markets here and most people will petty their bikes, may get a hang of a racer though, and full pulls.
If the Multi was complicated the panigale is wayy more, figuring out the mapping will take weeks lol.

I'm ever stubborn, I will crack it :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
So far Ive kept my 996 and updated the engine, turns as good as the latest bikes, BUT I'd like to try the panigale, give it a try will you?
I'd like to thrash it on the track :)

Its hit markets here and most people will petty their bikes, may get a hang of a racer though, and full pulls.
If the Multi was complicated the panigale is wayy more, figuring out the mapping will take weeks lol.
gota get some financials sorted by then should have the skinny on what it is really like.

if i get it it will see track duty and street duty

·
Registered
88 Posts
The 999 is hideous. To each his own.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
The 999 is hideous. To each his own.
Oh so you were one of the ones who would have helped ducati in filing for bankruptcy? :p

The 1199 needs to grow on me visually but from everything I've heard it retains and even improves Ducati's handling characteristics. Minus the lack of a trellis frame I do think it looks better than the 848/1098/1198 bikes. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Poser 1199 ???
This coming from a dude with "racy" stickers all over his fugly 999.
Nice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts