Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a multi nay sayer, I repent. I test rode a 011 today it is the best bike I've ever ridden. I rode it in Raleigh, NC and since I rarely ride in a city (and I haven't been in Raleigh in 30 years) well I was completely impressed with nimbleness of the machine and then the power on the beltway. So, now I've facing the decision of selling my old GT750 Bevel to buy a Multi. Really the best road for me to take on the GT since I'm not a collector who doesn't really like to have a bike sitting round with minimal use.

I wish I wasn't so smitten with that Multi.

I also rode a GS1200 right after, I rode the Multi about an hour, I rode the GS about 10 minutes at most. The GS just doesn't have the same appeal nor balanced feel to me.

That's my brief review. ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Multi

Once you ride one your hooked. Happened to me just a few weeks ago and now ones in my garage.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Your done, once its in your head its over. The GS as good as a bike it is, and its fun to ride and I get to ride one often, but after riding the MTS then getting on a GS back to back the GS feels like a wet sponge compared to the Multi. My friend puts it best, he says when we go out for a ride he can't wait for me to turn the MTS over to him, and I say, I can't wait to get it back..

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your done, once its in your head its over. The GS as good as a bike it is, and its fun to ride and I get to ride one often, but after riding the MTS then getting on a GS back to back the GS feels like a wet sponge compared to the Multi. My friend puts it best, he says when we go out for a ride he can't wait for me to turn the MTS over to him, and I say, I can't wait to get it back..
lol, that was my take exactly on the GS, a wet sponge. :D

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
:D:D:D
Them Panigales look sweet too...
Maybe you should take one of them for a test ride!!!!:think::think::think:

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D:D:D
Them Panigales look sweet too...
Maybe you should take one of them for a test ride!!!!:think::think::think:
for my kind of riding. the multistrada is it I think. Wait, you already have one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Once you ride one your hooked. Happened to me just a few weeks ago and now ones in my garage.
I couldn't agree more! The Multi just makes riding seem so damn easy and fun. I'm on mine all the time it seems. Can't get enough. I have two other bikes and traded a FJR for the Multi and I have not ridden the other bikes near as much after buying them as this bike. It's special that's for sure.

Bill

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Started a sale on a GS1200. Did some paper work but before any promissory I told them I had one more bike to try but I was likely to be back. Wasn't sure what that immediate distant glare in his eye was but I bet he knew far more than he let on. Needless to say at Ducati I couldn't hide my absolute smittenness enough to really wheel and deal. I was screwed if I didn't have a the beautiful trade-in I had paid off to make the crossover less painful than it could've been. In all I actually got a decent deal as they were thee hot bike and I got the bike of my dreams!!!

I would say they never saw me again to finish the story but I converged on their riding gear which I'm over the top impressed with! BMW Atlantis 4 jacket and pant(It's wet here), a couple pairs of the BMW street jeans and my Gerbings jacket, gloves and socks there's almost no reason to garage the bike cause I'm on it so much. Accept, of course, when I'm working too much.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was a multi nay sayer, I repent. I test rode a 011 today it is the best bike I've ever ridden. I rode it in Raleigh, NC and since I rarely ride in a city (and I haven't been in Raleigh in 30 years) well I was completely impressed with nimbleness of the machine and then the power on the beltway. So, now I've facing the decision of selling my old GT750 Bevel to buy a Multi. Really the best road for me to take on the GT since I'm not a collector who doesn't really like to have a bike sitting round with minimal use.

I also rode a GS1200 right after, I rode the Multi about an hour, I rode the GS about 10 minutes at most. The GS just doesn't have the same appeal nor balanced feel to me.

Sounds like my test ride experience. :)

Local dealer knew I liked the Mutley, sent me out on it. Had a Tiger 1050 as well, so out on that. Down to the BMW dealer, out on a 2010 GS.

Dammit, dammit, dammit my bank manager is gonna hate me. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds like my experience as well, I was coming off a GS Adventure and had already decided to buy another GS black on black. Then I test rode the Pikes Peak, game over! I can't say bad things about the GS with two BMW's in the barn and that bike saved my life. However, I believe the BMW dealer hates to see me, every time I park there people are eyeballing the Pikes Peak. Motorcycle - k7ugt's Photos

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
165 Posts

I have a 2010S touring plus a 2007 MV Agusta F4. I was talking to the saleman at the dealership the other day about which bike to buy if I was going to buy a third and I honestly could not think of one. The Multi is the perfect combination for almost every occassion. It's comfortable for touring, it's great around town, it can really go through the twisties and it's fast. If you can only own one this is a great bike

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love that neck of the woods that you're in. BlueRidge/piedmont...

I'll be down to my place in Southport, NC in a few days

You're in some great territory for the Mutli for sure!

I was shopping big motards, planning to keep my 675 Daytona for track days, Concours14 for cross country and when I wanted to play land speed breaker. I've got a dual sport DRZ400 and a couple of dirtbikes. So I figured I needed a big 'tard for these Green and White Mtn's up here in the northeast.

I went in to try a Hypermotard to compare to the KTM SMT and the Ape Dorsoduro12, I loooove the looks and flickable feel of the Hyper, but the damn salesman kept saying, go ahead and take the hyper, but then promise me you'll try the Mutli. He said you'll trade your Connie in on it and sell your Daytona in no time. Before I tested, NO WAY JOSE'...but...

3 weeks later I was rocking a paved hill climb on my 3 week old STOCK Mutli that I rode to the event with my leathers in the panniers. Up against purpose built tards with support trucks, tire guys, rain setups. This retard on his stock Ducati came away from the weekend with a 2nd in motorcycle class.

You couldn't pry me off the Multi with a crow bar now! Anything I throw at it, dirt, gravel, pave, trips cross country 2-up, track days, racing, wheelies, city hooligan crap, it only has one thing to say to me..... NEXT?

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
That pikes peak looks like it could be a POLICE bike!!!
You will never get pulled over ...

Hey Robert :
Ask yourself this:

Do you REALLY think your BUTT is worth the $20,000 Plus to haul it around???:D:D:D

You deserve it...
JUMP!

·
Beta Tester
1,957 Posts
a real beaut Ken! Dayum what an easy convert I was, I use to think they were ugly.
it is said that converts make the greatest zealots.

i was wrong about you Robert, i always thought you were a bit of a Luddite:) and i mean that in a good way:D

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it is said that converts make the greatest zealots.

i was wrong about you Robert, i always thought you were a bit of a Luddite:) and i mean that in a good way:D
well Casey, I've been known to destroy a few machines. ;)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Congrats!! The multi is awesome. I rode the GS for 10min, even though the guy said i could have it for a couple hours, and promptly returned. The GS has superior build quality (heavy) and is better suited for offroad, both things I would sacrifice for 150hp!!! Are you kidding me? Is that even a valid Q? If the Italians got off thier butt and introduced Cruise control, lowering/adjustable the ride height and re-work the centerstand/passenger foot pegs and a couple of other small things, then this bike would be a 10/10,,,,,currently its a 9.8/10.

Sure you could take my multi,,, but first theres a few dobermans, electrical fences, a shotgun, and my cold dead fingers.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The multi is awesome. I rode the GS for 10min, even though the guy said i could have it for a couple hours, and promptly returned.

sounds like that 10 minutes ride on a GS after riding a Multi is common. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts