Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a waste of time. Suspension is vague. Who knows, possibly it was the tires.

Anyway, the power band was nothing like the ST4s. Again, I kept wondering when I'd be swept away by a bike with a much bigger motor and being 13 years newer.

It never happened. It is much too tall. I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. It was disconcerting to not be able to plant two flat feet on the ground. How can they sell it to a 5' 11' guy with a 32" inseam? No clue.

Sticking with the Duc. Better looks, acceleration is heads and shoulders above the KTM and it has the handling down pat.

Steve

·
Registered
656 Posts
Interesting comments Steve.

I have a 950 Adventure as well as my ST4s.

Obviously the two KTMs are totally different bikes, but my 950 never made sense... till I headed off down a dirt track and really gave it the berries. It would be really difficult to compare them because they are so different. The KTM feels, for want of a better description, like the frame is bent. Its tall, gangley and awkward on the road.

It still feels like that except when its roosting, sideways and I'm standing, which is as often as I can arrange it.

BTW 1290s can work on the road, and it is a stock engine, gotta get me one of those:surprise:.

Rossco

1 - 2 of 2 Posts