Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have my friends visiting from Maryland and thought it would be great to share my passion for Ducatis with them and have them meet my new friends!! I'll be taking my friend Wade up to the Rock Store on the back of the Hyper and his wife Ginny on the return trip. Decker and Mulholland should break them in properly :eek:

Be meeting at the corner of Decker and Portrero at 9:00 am. I'll only be going to the Rock Store and back but I'm sure enough of you will join in so that you can terrorize all those traveling on other roads in the area.

Cheers

:abduct:

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Doing ACH, then off to PI for a possible "super secret bike swap" bonanza:eek: Then it's three glorious races + cigars.

Ride safe kids,

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
i will be with he and noelle too.....three makes a more interesting party.

ACH RIDE CLOSED!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Alliances are forming ...
Don't cry. It's not our fault you didn't ride with all of us together up to Newcombs last weekend. And don't worry, I ate your share of Hamsteak as well as my own. :eek:

Oh Baby...am I looking forward to Sunday now! ;)
LOL!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Noell I don't know if you've done Latigo Canyon, but if haven't you need to do it...its in the Malibu Canyon. Its tight but its awesome for practicing turn in, body positioning and getting some serious lean angle while only going about 30-40 MPH around the corners. Its really fun because all you are doing most the time is turning back and forth so you get to work on cornering form non stop for about 25 minutes. If you go a couple runs back and forth you will be blown away by how much more comfortable you feel on the bike and I guarantee the next time you go to the ACH the corners will seem easy. On your bike it will be harder than we have it on the Hypers but it is awesome for practicing how to ride the bike well.

I'm not trying to break up your riding group for this weekend guys... just letting Noelle know of a great road to practice on since she actually seems like she digs the technical side of riding and wants to learn to go faster unlike some of you guys...;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have never ridden any roads in the Malibu Cyn or rock store area. Have you ridden Bouquet canyon? Is it similar? Or perhaps it's more akin to Sand Canyon?
I have afternoon plans on Sunday and simply do not have time for a long ride. I was late last Sunday for my afternoon engagement. :|
Thanks for the info regardless!
Saturday, I can ride all day long...perhaps next time to the area I will join you.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
consider me a rider who likes the technical side of riding but who is happy not going much faster. :) hec, i don't even mind going slow! :eek:

have fun in the malibu canyons, it sure is a beautiful place to ride.

·
Registered
865 Posts
consider me a rider who likes the technical side of riding but who is happy not going much faster. :) hec, i don't even mind going slow! :eek:

have fun in the malibu canyons, it sure is a beautiful place to ride.
Believe me I'm not a canyon racer guy who is into going superfast on the street, I just love to practice riding and being smooth... Latigo helped me so much with confidence on the bike, so I always recommend it to people to just go up and spend time doing runs back and forth because that is what helped me so much.
Mulholand is to short with way to many people... Decker Canyon is great too, but pretty short . Latigo is just right, not crowded all types of corners and slower speed.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have never ridden any roads in the Malibu Cyn or rock store area. Have you ridden Bouquet canyon? Is it similar? Or perhaps it's more akin to Sand Canyon?
I have afternoon plans on Sunday and simply do not have time for a long ride. I was late last Sunday for my afternoon engagement. :|
Thanks for the info regardless!
Saturday, I can ride all day long...perhaps next time to the area I will join you.
Never done Bouquet or Sand... Would like to try though.

We also have to arrange for a dirt outing.. I think Alex and a couple others have dirt bikes it would be cool to set up a dirt ride for the forum peeps to Gorman. We can get you and the CR 125 set up on some dirt bike basics and take a couple trail excursions...it is quite stunning up there with spectacular views and even bunnies on the trails...but the bottom line is its so freaking fun to be out in the wilderness on a bike...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ride babey ride!

We also have to arrange for a dirt outing...
So much fun riding to do...so few days in a weekend! Alas. To quote Alex, "it is what it is"!

·
Registered
94 Posts

We also have to arrange for a dirt outing.. I think Alex and a couple others have dirt bikes it would be cool to set up a dirt ride for the forum peeps to Gorman. We can get you and the CR 125 set up on some dirt bike basics and take a couple trail excursions...it is quite stunning up there with spectacular views and even bunnies on the trails...but the bottom line is its so freaking fun to be out in the wilderness on a bike...
I am in for Gorman, I was up there a month ago and had a blast. I have an F250 and can fit a couple other bikes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
OK so we have two groups heading out - one to the Rock Store and one to Newcombs?

Rock Store: Sunday meet at Decker Canyon and Potrero at 9:00am - where exactly is this?

Newcombs: Saturday? meet the the Shell Station at 8:30am?

Thanks

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
The "official" Newcomb's ride is this Sunday departing the Shell station at 8:30am. See the thread in the Hypermotard forum.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts