Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Rock hit oil cooler, now it has a hole.

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  TallyRex 
#1 · (Edited)
Glad to say this did not happen to me but could have as well to many others.
Good customer was ridding down the road and from nowhere he had a hole in what I and some thought was the oil cooler but indeed is the lower radiator.

Sorry about the bad picture but it went right through and of course oil did follow.

Glad to say the R&G radiator guards just came in, the final version and the one that is done right.

Could be a wise investment at $ 105.00 for the set.

Just got done mounting a set on my bike.:)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Good customer was ridding down the road and from nowhere he had a hole in the oil cooler.

Sorry about the bad picture but it went right through and of course oil did follow.

Glad to say the R&G radiator/oil cooler guards just came in, the final version and the one that is done right.

Do you guys have them for other bikes? 848?

#5 ·
Good customer was ridding down the road and from nowhere he had a hole in the oil cooler.

Glad to say the R&G radiator/oil cooler guards just came in, the final version and the one that is done right.

OK you got me, I was worried about this and a picture speaks a thousand words, I just ordered mine so please be quick :D

#11 · (Edited)
Yes it's for both, top and bottom and at $ 94.50 for the set with free shipping after the member discount it's well worth it. They are nicely done and fit well and are not just a piece of screen.

They come with detailed instructions and use enclosed zip ties to connect to the radiators since there is no mounting provisions for them on the radiators so you don't have to much of a choice.

On the top radiator I used the fan bolts that go through the radiator to connect the top guard, on the bottom guard I used the zip ties and you don't even see them.

#9 ·
I saw the bike that shiftech is talking about and I was there when they placed an order for a new radiator. Total price to replace was $700.00!!! The guy who's bike this is told me he almost laid it down as the coolant was flowing out all over and his back tire lost its grip. He almost crashed in traffic. :eek: hmm...
I have mine on order as well!!

#16 ·
Many thanks for being "on the ball" and giving me a forum discount even though I did not ask for one. Great customer service and I cant wait to get the screens fitted, they do look good and I want peace of mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.