Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Glad to say this did not happen to me but could have as well to many others.
Good customer was ridding down the road and from nowhere he had a hole in what I and some thought was the oil cooler but indeed is the lower radiator.

Sorry about the bad picture but it went right through and of course oil did follow.

Glad to say the R&G radiator guards just came in, the final version and the one that is done right.

Could be a wise investment at $ 105.00 for the set.

Just got done mounting a set on my bike.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yowch. That'd make you want to kick something!!

Might be a good idea to run slicks so the treads don't pick up rocks. :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good customer was ridding down the road and from nowhere he had a hole in the oil cooler.

Sorry about the bad picture but it went right through and of course oil did follow.

Glad to say the R&G radiator/oil cooler guards just came in, the final version and the one that is done right.

Do you guys have them for other bikes? 848?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good customer was ridding down the road and from nowhere he had a hole in the oil cooler.

Glad to say the R&G radiator/oil cooler guards just came in, the final version and the one that is done right.

OK you got me, I was worried about this and a picture speaks a thousand words, I just ordered mine so please be quick :D

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I might would pay 60-70 dollars but to me 105 is a bit pricey for a piece of screen.. Not that it doesn't look good

·
Registered
66 Posts
They do look good. R&G make good stuff.

Isn't the bottom the other half of the radiator?- Regardless, certainly don't want a hole in it.

So you get both top and bottom for the 105?

How do they attach?

THANKS!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I saw the bike that shiftech is talking about and I was there when they placed an order for a new radiator. Total price to replace was $700.00!!! The guy who's bike this is told me he almost laid it down as the coolant was flowing out all over and his back tire lost its grip. He almost crashed in traffic. :eek: hmm...
I have mine on order as well!!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Shift tech. Have you thought about a front mudguard extender for the bike ?

If you made one i would buy it . It would certainly stop the shit hitting the front cover

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They do look good. R&G make good stuff.

Isn't the bottom the other half of the radiator?- Regardless, certainly don't want a hole in it.

So you get both top and bottom for the 105?

How do they attach?

THANKS!
Yes it's for both, top and bottom and at $ 94.50 for the set with free shipping after the member discount it's well worth it. They are nicely done and fit well and are not just a piece of screen.

They come with detailed instructions and use enclosed zip ties to connect to the radiators since there is no mounting provisions for them on the radiators so you don't have to much of a choice.

On the top radiator I used the fan bolts that go through the radiator to connect the top guard, on the bottom guard I used the zip ties and you don't even see them.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shift tech. Have you thought about a front mudguard extender for the bike ?

If you made one i would buy it . It would certainly stop the shit hitting the front cover

Sure it crossed my mind but it will look like a Harley fender then and it's for sure not my taste so I stay away from it.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Cant see many folk would notice it at the back of the guard & anyway who gives a fuck if it saves my mag rocker & oil cooler

·
Registered
66 Posts
Guido/ Shift-Tech

Thanks for the quick reply and my "forum discount" applied to my order. Ordered the passenger footpeg bracket from you recently and it is top shelf. Sure the screens will be too- hope to never see a scratch on them once fitted!

Steve

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good customer was ridding down the road and from nowhere he had a hole in what I and some thought was the oil cooler but indeed is the lower radiator.

Glad to say the R&G radiator guards just came in, the final version and the one that is done right.

Many thanks for being "on the ball" and giving me a forum discount even though I did not ask for one. Great customer service and I cant wait to get the screens fitted, they do look good and I want peace of mind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts