Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Wow, the flames looked hollywood. Battery blew up? To be able to see what started it would have been great. Announcer has the truck flopping over "several times".

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow. Instant karma for the driver. Motorcyclist was lucky. I too would like to see what inspired the motorcyclist to kick the car. Sucks for the pick up.

·
Administrator
11,962 Posts
That guy on the motorcycle is going to be liable for the injuries to the guy in the truck and really regret his rage.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
That guy on the motorcycle is going to be liable for the injuries to the guy in the truck and really regret his rage.

Incorrect

It was the driver of the car's reckless retaliation that caused the accident. The kick from the bike didn't cause the car to violently swerve into him, lose control and then strike the SUV in the other lane. The driver of the car did that. He is solely responsible for his own actions. All the motorcyclist is liable for is the quarter panel damage on the car from his boot.

Sorry, but people are responsible for their own damn actions. Motorcyclist should get a ticket for the kick, and the car driver should be jailed for reckless endangerment and assault with a deadly weapon.

People on bikes don't just go around kicking cars all willy nilly. Clearly the car instigated the alternation, which is only further supported by the blind rage the driver had after the biker fought back.

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Incorrect

It was the driver of the car's reckless retaliation that caused the accident. The kick from the bike didn't cause the car to violently swerve into him, lose control and then strike the SUV in the other lane. The driver of the car did that. He is solely responsible for his own actions. All the motorcyclist is liable for is the quarter panel damage on the car from his boot.

Sorry, but people are responsible for their own damn actions. Motorcyclist should get a ticket for the kick, and the car driver should be jailed for reckless endangerment and assault with a deadly weapon.

People on bikes don't just go around kicking cars all willy nilly. Clearly the car instigated the alternation, which is only further supported by the blind rage the driver had after the biker fought back.
Gut reaction is to defend the rider because the only times I've wanted to kick a car is when they've done something REALLY stupid that endangered my life... but I guess it is possible that the rider is a huge douche who overreacted to something, we need more info there.

However... I agree that the kick itself is probably a ticket for 'unsafe action' or something like that (though now he's got 'leaving the scene of an accident' tacked on). The guy then swerves into the bike trying to kill the rider and karma goes into action.

If I'd been the rider I'd have ridden to the police station and claimed I didn't stop because I was in fear for my life - since the car driver had just tried to kill me.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
^^^^ Turn himself in?? Not in SoCal, the #1 hit and run in USA.

The guys at home sipping a beer, laughing his ass off.

Bike kicked the car,,, The Cars actions are considered attempted murder no?

·
Administrator
11,962 Posts
The car apparently came into the biker as the biker was passing in the HOV lane. There is some talk that the car possibly came across four lanes and into the HOV and almost hit the rider but I have seen two different versions of what started it so far.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In my opinion, Both are at fault to some degree. The kick is possibly justifiable, if the car was swerving towards him and he kicked in response, well ok maybe, but if he sped up and went after the car, not ok. Ultimately though, the car is the one who caused the wrecks. He was trying to hit the bike. Nothing that rider did forced him to swerve like that. Though the headlines and reporting make it out to be all the bikers fault. Him not stopping definitely doesn't help. Black eye for all of us.

Saddest part is someone not even involved is who ended up hurt. Fortunately they will be ok.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
In my opinion, Both are at fault to some degree. The kick is possibly justifiable, if the car was swerving towards him and he kicked in response, well ok maybe, but if he sped up and went after the car, not ok. Ultimately though, the car is the one who caused the wrecks. He was trying to hit the bike. Nothing that rider did forced him to swerve like that. Though the headlines and reporting make it out to be all the bikers fault. Him not stopping definitely doesn't help. Black eye for all of us.

Saddest part is someone not even involved is who ended up hurt. Fortunately they will be ok.
I agree... biker could get a reckless driving ticket for the kick, but the driver decided to try to kill the biker... two totally different scopes of bad behavior.

Car drivers don't realize that when they do something stupid that puts a riders life in danger it can result in a VERY strong response.

Riders though need to realize that it's our choice to be out there and that dealing with oblivious cagers is part of the equation. If that scenario played out 10 times, that rider would probably be dead half of the time (could VERY easily have been pinched into the median... low probability of surviving that at speed)... as hot as I get... retaliation after the fact is not a good idea.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,115 Posts
I think that drivers that drive around shooting videos with their cell phone should have their license pulled for at least a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I think that drivers that drive around shooting videos with their cell phone should have their license pulled for at least a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think it's great, and I hope someone gets me on video when the next cager tries to kill me. You'll recognize me, I'll be the one with the bike and gun.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I think it's great, and I hope someone gets me on video when the next cager tries to kill me. You'll recognize me, I'll be the one with the bike and gun.
Agree 100%. I was taught to never, ever start a fight. But if someone else starts it, it's time to go to the mattresses.

I was thinking of getting a dash cam on my car, b/c there are so many crazy drivers here. I've needed to swerve to miss a few ppl merging on the freeway and if we hit (and i didn't have a camera showing i'm in my lane and how they swerved and hit me) then the insurances/judge see it as a 50/50 accident. Having the camera could help you win the case and avoid the costs and insurance increasing their rates.

There are some very nice models, but I didn't want to have a wire on my dash. I think I'll buy one though. It's not a matter of if but when it will be usefull.

That's Miami, Steve. Pretty much everyone in Florida is nuts.:laugh:
The weirdest shit happens in Florida. And the drivers around Miami make LA look tame. LA is aggressive but not wild.

·
Administrator
11,962 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I totally can't tell if the cars actions that followed the kick were a knee jerk reaction or warfare. The interesting thing to me is that a hell of a lot of people drive trucks and huge SUV's because they feel safer. That's been the answer I have gotten from a number of friends when I ask them why they or their wives drive alone in such a big unloaded vehicle.

Anyone that has ever watched Robot Wars knows you either slam them with a massive weapon or get under them and flip them into screws or saws or big hammer in the arena.

A basic economy sedan took a lot of hits, stayed upright and flipped a large pickup over in the process.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts