Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for some new grips for my 696, the rizomas seem to be a popular choice....

So what is the difference between the sport line and the lux billets?

Also, how is the install? any advice/how to stuff out there?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Fitted the rizoma lux to my 916 nice and straight forward
you get the fittings for the cam-wheel -cable with the kit
the clutch one is kept in place by 2 small grub screws a small
dab of soft loctite on them for that side.
the throttle is just the same as your original one.

brian.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Both the Lux and the Sportlines are really nice. The Lux are much nicer because of their added detail but are quite a bit more costly. You can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rizoma billet throttle grip sticking

I just bought a 05' Monster S4R and the bike has a ton of rizoma bits (lucky me:). I love the way the parts looks but I am having an issue on the throttle when I close the throttle all the way it sticks. It feels like it is hanging up on something? I am able to roll it back (throttle on) just a bit and it frees itself. I read on a Triumph forum the the ball on the end of the throttle cable that locks into throttle cam can be too wide and gets hooked on plastic housing. Any help would really be appreciated. I LOVE the bike, it is my first Monster. I am coming off a 749 that now does not quite feel sooo comfortable....hahahahah

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rizoma grips...

I have been looking for some new grips for my 696, the rizomas seem to be a popular choice.... So what is the difference between the sport line and the lux billets?
The price. They both run the same POS soft plastic cam which wears out pretty fast. I like Rizoma-wear, they make some real nice stuff..... but thier grips, whilst they look great.... IMO they're junk at a premium price. Avoid.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I just bought a 05' Monster S4R and the bike has a ton of rizoma bits (lucky me:). I love the way the parts looks but I am having an issue on the throttle when I close the throttle all the way it sticks. It feels like it is hanging up on something? I am able to roll it back (throttle on) just a bit and it frees itself. I read on a Triumph forum the the ball on the end of the throttle cable that locks into throttle cam can be too wide and gets hooked on plastic housing. Any help would really be appreciated. I LOVE the bike, it is my first Monster. I am coming off a 749 that now does not quite feel sooo comfortable....hahahahah
Mike - it sounds like maybe the previous owner or yourself pushed when rolling the throttle forward and damaged the shoulder on the cam that tops the forward rotation? If need be, get hold of us for a replacement, but you need to open the switch housing and see if that's what's causing it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My local dealer had a sale on Scotts dirt bike grips last week. $7.98 a pair. $150 a pair for grips? Not with the way my bike eats tires.

I'd rather put some fresh $8.00 grips on every month or two (new grips are great).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Make sure your bar end slider isn't touching the edge of the grip!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Easy fix, I'll start a new thread, give me a few minutes...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts