Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I pick up my Hyper from storage this weekend so just to double check I called Pj's @ Pjsparts.com and asked how many resisters do I use? it comes with two if you didnt know. and said I wanted to put them up front. The polite gentleman on the other end said you wont need the resisters, only the black box for both front or rear. Ok cool I said. But the problem with the Hyper he explained is that the front turn signal connection doesnt have enough juice to turn it on because it uses very low voltage compared to the rear blinkers. He said you would need to piggyback/share the rear turn signal wires. if you get a high flash rate and have a epileptic seizure use one of the supplied resisters then. Good enough. it took them a while also to figure out why their front signals were'nt working. FYI

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Install tail lights

How I installed the Rizoma tail lights. TOOLS: 10mm wrench/5mm hex screw bit for old tail light/wire cutter/splice caps 4/razor blade/2 zip ties. no resiters needed for the rear signals.they blink normaly.

1. Unplug and take off old tail lights, u may need to take off the actual tail piece if u havent done so before so u can cut the zip ties and pull out the wires. dont lose any bolts if you do take tail off. u will use the connectors from the old tail lights and put them on the rizomas. Do not cut the the connectors attached to the bike itself.

2. PIC 1. cut off 1" piece of old tail light with connector. (pic 2), strip a piece of cover off to expose wires.

3. PIC 2 top wire shows how new Rizoma tips come like, snip those off and expose some wire for contact. now same pic bottom splice/twist blk/grn wire together and then red/white together. use a splice plug or how ever u want to do it.

4. Last pic shows the rizoma with the old tailights connector and is now plug and play.

5. Front turn signals are the same! I plugged the rear ones into the connectors for the front (handguard connection) and it worked! so its up to you how u want to go about it.

6. mark one of the signals so you know which is left and right and correct as needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is the finished result. U will need to take off rear tail after all to tighten the bolt for the turn signal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
here is the finished result. U will need to take off rear tail after all to tighten the bolt for the turn signal.
Now that you got them fancy signals, your Pic #1 show a small, stock tank. Go order the 6.6g tank from Chris! :p:D:D:p

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just finished, I installed front blinkers and mounted them to the reservoir post, instead of the bottom fairing mount where no one can see them. and took off the Rizoma 743 mirrors and replaced with the Rizoma logic mirrors. used the technic from the rear signals to connect the front and didnt need any resistors. just plugged into the standard front harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your timing is brilliant.
Just recieved 4 x Rizoma Avio 21 indicators.
Reading your install guide got me on track for fitting the rear ones.
Your latest post has given me a great location for the front.
Will need to modify a little as I use the Rizoma billet type resevoir brackets.

Cheers dude

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mati-O

Any chance you could further explan how you have mounted the rear indicators. A couple of pictures showing exactly where, what method, and fixings used to mount would be very much appreciated.
I will post up a pic here when all fitted.

Cheers

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So to make it simple remove the rear fender. Pain the ass FYI. For the rear signals I needed to get a washer with a 8mm hole or 9mm max so the blinker bolt can sit over the stock mounting bracket, because the stock bracket is too wide and the rizoma rubber post will squeeze through it and be at a funny angle. see the silver washer peeking out in the pic.get 4 just in case (rear only). I needed to take off the complete tail piece so I could tighten the bolt and angle them right. the mounts for the front blinker are the same rizoma one for the Hyper. I just had some bolts that fit through and SHAMMMM WOOOW ! let me know if need any further help. I didnt take any more pics and everything is all back together. its easy, take off old light, insert new light with washer,bolt close, arrange wiring, put tail back on. play with wires again. done.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts