Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 1100evo sp and I had the competition werkes fender eliminator/turn signals on it which worked fine until the turn signals went out. So I bought the Evotech fender eliminator(which is awesome..much higher quality than comp werkes) and some Rizoma Graffio turn signals. My bike was having a problem with an oil leak so I went ahead and asked the shop guys to throw my new stuff on there while they had it. I figured they can do a cleaner job than I can anyways.

When I got it back the dashboard turn signal indicator wouldn't work and they said that just happens when you put the Rizoma turn signals on. I've never heard of this, perhaps I didn't do enough research though. Does anyone know if this is true? It's not a big deal I guess..just annoying to not ever really know if I'm riding down the highway with my signals on.

Another thing is the blinking pattern is really off..also not a big deal but kind of annoying. They said this was from the Rizoma signals as well but I thought that's what the resistors were for that came with the signals?

And lastly, one of the signals only lights up partially...some of the LEDs do not light up when I turn on the blinker. They said this was a faulty light and I need to take it up with whoever I bought the signals from. Unfortunately for me I bought them back in December and just now got around to installing them and it's wayyyy past the return period. So if it is faulty I might just have to buy a new signal.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with Rizoma signals? Do they really cause these problems? I didn't have these problems with the competition werkes signals.
When I get home from work I'm gonna take a look at their wiring to make sure they didn't mess anything up but I figured I'd run it by you guys as well.

Thanks in advance:alien:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Rizoma Lights

I put new Rizoma turn signals on front and rear when I did my Rizoma tail tidy. I noted that the front signals required one resistor each and the rear lights required two resisters each. I only had problems with the lights when I only had one resistor on each rear light. They have worked flawlessly ever since. It sounds like the shop botched the job to me and they should fix it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got home and checked the wiring and everything looks fine. The signals are wired up as per the diagram that Rizoma provides. All the connections look good. Checked the fuses just in case and they're all good.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why the signal indicator on the dash won't work:confused:
I can live with the fast flashing on the signal..perhaps another resistor would fix that issue?
And no clue as to why one of the signals won't light up properly...it's surprising to me that one of those Rizoma signals would be defective because they are known for the quality of their products but I suppose stranger things have happened...

I would like to find out why my dash indicator won't work though because if it is the Rizoma signals I would rather get some signals that do not cause this problem before I spend $60 on another Rizoma signal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went back to the shop today and they said the resistors caused the dash light to not work...anyone ever heard of this?

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Going from memory (search forum) I recall the rears need to be wired into the front signals. I installed mine after researching the forum and never had an issue. I have the same set-up as you. Evotech tail-tidy and Rizoma rear signals. I'm also running the DP mirrors w/front signals. As I remember the rears were patched into the front's wiring with a resistor for each rear. It was pretty easy and didn't take long (2 beers). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Look in stickies at the beginning of the HM thread - "Hidden Service Menu". There is a setting to configure use of rear LED indicators. There should be no need to use resistors or funky wiring.

That only applies to the older 1100 and 1100s the menu doesn't exist on the evo (ive already researched that) for me I had to mess about with the resistor packs as when I got mine I got 4 packs of 2 different resistance values....I got there in the end but only after messing around for ages with them....

·
Registered
449 Posts
Look in stickies at the beginning of the HM thread - "Hidden Service Menu". There is a setting to configure use of rear LED indicators. There should be no need to use resistors or funky wiring.

That only applies to the older 1100 and 1100s the menu doesn't exist on the evo (ive already researched that) for me I had to mess about with the resistor packs as when I got mine I got 4 packs of 2 different resistance values....I got there in the end but only after messing around for ages with them....
Thats is a blow.... So Ducati in their wisdom decided that they didn't want to sell the LED indicators which were listed in their HM accessories catalogue after 2009 when they introduced the EVO & EVO SP.
Figures though, as the dash changed between models.
Chalk up another reason I stayed with the HM1100S. :think:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reviving this old thread; my bike is highly custom but I use the Rizoma Corsa rear indicator lights. I also have different Rizoma’s on the front that are an older model, I’ll have to look up the model name or number of those but they work.. with or without a resistor..

I can’t get the rear indicators to work.
I have the fronts installed and they blink with or without resistors installed

The rears which are the Rizoma Corsa’s won’t blink. When I turn on the blinkers (bike is not running) the fronts blink normally the rears do a little quick flash and that’s it. I haven’t tried them with the engine running yet because all my wiring is under the gas tank so I need to put that all back together in order to start the engine; I’ll try that tomorrow..

i have tried two resistors per side, one resistor per side and no resistors per side. WTF I am growing annoyed. Tomorrow I am going to pull out the multi meter and see what is actually happening on the line, voltage, watts/amps etc. if I wire the green indicator line directly to the battery the amber turn signal lights up nice and bright.

if I turn on the hazards (both sides blinking) I do get amber blinking lights working front and back all four lights blinking smoothlyand brightly.

I suspect these corsas just need a little more load on the line and I will try it with the engine running but I can’t stand not knowing exactly wtf is going on.

above in this thread and other places people keep posting about trying the red to black wiring scheme for the resistors. What is that?
Is there some thread on that? Searching the forum for that wasn’t easy. Do you mean wire the resistors backwards?

very annoying, running lights are on, brake lights are nice and bright but I can’t get the turn signals sorted out. Right now I’m not using any resistors since I’ve tried the combinations above. The wiring all runs through a motogadget blue switch. Wiring is so simple I can’t imagine what’s wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok - this problem is solved. My bike has a motogadget munit blue as it’s central wiring point. My front blinkers are Rizoma FR111a blinkers and the rear are newer Rizoma Corsa blinkers.

The motogadget is a programmable control unit and you can change its setting using an app on your iPhone. There is a setting that changes the blinker style to “soft” or fade and what it does is pulses the power to the blinkers to fade in from soft to bright in a way that worked fine for the front blinkers but caused the rears to just flash briefly.

the solution was to connect to the motogadget unit with your cell phone app and find the blinker settings and change it from soft/fade to standard.

Re: why the front blinkers worked and the rears didnt - likely cause is that the rear blinkers require a little more load than the front so while the fronts worked fine the rears only illuminated during that peak power cycle of the fade in and the result was a mostly dark turn signal with just a quick blip of light during the blinkers On cycle. This would also explain why front and back hazard flashed fine because the setting only applied to the turn signals.

so in the end this is a motogadget quirk; not a Rizoma or Ducati issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts