Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to decide between these two mirrors for my Black Sport1000. I would like to get some feedback on which one might function and look better on stock handle bars.

Reverse Retro
I like thats it's all black, but I am afraid the viewing area might be too small?

Retro Class
The single color with natural finish plus the black should also match nicely. The round is also seemingly more classic style.

And here's the bike (thinking about getting rid of the supersprox because I dont know if all that gold is growing on me..comments welcome)

This what it looked like when I first got it (for comparison). What a an awesome day =)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Either ones are really classy, but I'd run with the Retro's myself. Just alot more classic lookin'

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I got the class retros, they are great mirrors but sometimes I think I prefer the shape of the reverse retros. The class are a bit too 'micky mouse ears'..

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Have you considered other brands? I love my CRG Hindsights.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am trying to decide between these two mirrors for my Black Sport1000. I would like to get some feedback on which one might function and look better on stock handle bars.

Hey JC Sport!

Check my thread here for pictures of the Rizoma mirrors on my SC:

Sport Classic Project Upgrade - PIX from Oz
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=65267

Put it up just the other day. I considered the same options as you are thinking about. I found the round mirrors didn't compliment the long, lean lines of the 70s cafe racer as much as the rounded rectangle-shaped mirrors.

Rizoma leave most other after market parts in the shade: much more stylish and really well made.

About visibility: I have no probs at all with the rectangle mirrors.

Cheers.

Chris
Melbourne, OZ

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys for your input!

Also, is the black finish more of a Matte or Gloss on the Reverse Retro. In some photos it seems more glossy

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've seen the reverse black retro's on the Wasps beast. They look great and i love the blue tint to the mirror :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
IMHO i'd go with the reverse retro black - i like the shape and looks quality. will consider for mine once i get permission.:eek:

·
Registered
216 Posts
got myself the reverse in black. blue tinted glass is ace, elsewise I had to shift them upwards as I couldn´t see anything else than my arms.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the round ones on my GT, but for a sport I'd go with the Reverse Retro. Like everyone said, the glass is superior to everything else (haven't seen the Oberons). I'm with livedd0, the round it just a little too mouse ears but they provide the best view of the two.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow I do like the Oberon's too! thanks for the suggestion. I think I might get a pair of those as well. Do you have any pics of the mirrors? I like that they make a 60mm Round and a 75mm

I am going to call PJ's up and order the black reverse retro's for now. Seems like Oberons might take more time and I need to replace the stock SHAKERS as soon as possible.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got myself the reverse in black. blue tinted glass is ace, elsewise I had to shift them upwards as I couldn´t see anything else than my arms.
What do you mean by this? They are not adjustable on the clipons?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I am going to call PJ's up and order the black reverse retro's for now. Seems like Oberons might take more time and I need to replace the stock SHAKERS as soon as possible.
A friend of mine here in Munich deals with Oberon products and the mirrors are outstanding…

I will go with a pair of the bigger ones.

Stay with the shakers and wait a bit… it is worth doing so!

Pakbikes is also dealing with Oberon as far as i know… or look here

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=605|Lighting%2C%20Turn%20Signals%2C%20%26%20Mirrors&CategoryID=608|Mirrors&collection=605|Lighting%2C%20Turn%20Signals%2C%20%26%20Mirrors

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have the Retro Class and like them very much. Be sure that you get the metal expanders for inside the bar ends for which ever mirrors you order. If you get them from PJ, you'll be fine.
These mirrors have limited adjustability but sitck out pretty far. Be sure you get them where you want them before you snug them down.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What do you mean by this? They are not adjustable on the clipons?
As brooksie said they are limited adjustable. For fixing them onto the handle bars i milled off the bar ends. but that was due to the fact that i bought them off e-bay not knowing you need those metal expanders...
Here´s some pics for better explanation. I just came back from a trip to the NW200 road races- excellent stuff.

and another one after return, got a little dirty...

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts