Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering changing my signals to LED. Even if I do an integrated taillight (with integrated signals), I like the signals spaced out a little more clearly to the side. Cars need all the help they can get seeing me and what I'm doing.

Anyone have any experience with the Rizoma Legerra signals? They have an option of integrated tail/brake lights which I like. I need the shorter version and am also considering the Zero 11's. My main question is does anyone have any experience seeing both of these and knowing if the newer Legerra's are any brighter, easier to see, etc?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've got both. The legerra on my HyperS and Zero11's on my 998. They are both super bright and easy to see I would not be too concerned about that. The Zero11's on my 998 developed a crack where the screw threads into the lens and that was an easy warranty fix but I think they look a little bit dated compared to the newer legerras. On my MTS I've the the DP's they were super easy to fit without have to make up and brackets or adaptors. All of the about are better than the floppy stockers.

t_bare

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got both. The legerra on my HyperS and Zero11's on my 998. They are both super bright and easy to see I would not be too concerned about that. The Zero11's on my 998 developed a crack where the screw threads into the lens and that was an easy warranty fix but I think they look a little bit dated compared to the newer legerras. On my MTS I've the the DP's they were super easy to fit without have to make up and brackets or adaptors. All of the about are better than the floppy stockers.

t_bare
Great, very glad to "meet" someone with both. Thanks very much for chiming in. So no substantial difference in brightness between them? The Zero's look like they may be more visible off-axis due to their frosted "cover".

Are you running the rear tail/brake light option on the legerra's too?

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
I've been using the DP parts for a couple years... they look and work perfectly, and are very bright (according to guys I ride with).

Reactions: shorton

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Great, very glad to "meet" someone with both. Thanks very much for chiming in. So no substantial difference in brightness between them? The Zero's look like they may be more visible off-axis due to their frosted "cover".

Are you running the rear tail/brake light option on the legerra's too?
I'm not gonna lie, you are giving this way more thought than I ever have. :) I've got the Zero11 facing forward on my 998 and using an integrated led tail light. On my Hyper I am using the stock tail light with the "Actions". They are both pretty damn bright. I believe mine are not "Leggeras" but actually the "Actions" sorry about any confusion.

t_bare

Reactions: shorton

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries, thanks. Looking for someone with the Legerra's because a dealer told me the Legerra's and one other model (forgot name) were Rizoma's "new tech" and were much better than the old ones. Trying to determine if that's true or sales spin.

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
No worries, thanks. Looking for someone with the Legerra's because a dealer told me the Legerra's and one other model (forgot name) were Rizoma's "new tech" and were much better than the old ones. Trying to determine if that's true or sales spin.
It's possible... LED technology has come a LONG way in the last 6 or 7 years. Lumen output (and power consumption) has gone through the roof (to the point that keeping them from melting is now the big challenge).

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The older ones needed a step down in voltage and if you didn't use the "box" you got a couple of flashes then cooked led. Now they are plug and play sans box.

t_bare

1 - 8 of 8 Posts