Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of Rizoma grips (the billet ones, not sure if they make anything else). I was hoping to throw them on today, but with my SXV, when I switched the throttle to a G2, it required a TPS reset because it changed the throttle position. What are the odds of having to reset the TPS with the Rizomas? If I will need to set it, I'll just wait until I have my cat elim and ECU to install the grips.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Can these grips be installed without removing or adjusting the throttle cables?
If you don't disturb the idle throttle plate adjustments, I would think you are
good to go. They look like nice grips but I've not used them, personally.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't received them yet, but I suspect they include a throttle donut, which would require me to at least remove the throttle cables, if not adjust them at all.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I haven't received them yet, but I suspect they include a throttle donut, which would require me to at least remove the throttle cables, if not adjust them at all.
as pointed out above, if you don't alter the cable adjustment, you will not need to have the TPS re-set.

the rizoma throttle grip comes with the "cam" for the two throttle cables ... when you remove the stock throttle grip/cam assembly, just don't mess with the throttle cable adjustments (located on the throttle body linkage on right side of motor), you will be cool to go.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I went for it last night, and as everyone said, no issues with tps at all. I am somewhat concerned that the return actuation of the throttle is a bit stiffer now, but hardly noticeable while riding. I also suspect it will break in after a few miles of hard riding. Overall, I'm fairly pleased. :abduct:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts