Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nice package arrived today. Very exciting.

Got some nice goodies from PJ's in the states. Didn't take too long to make it down under either. Good show!

Got some Rizoma grips, indicators, bars and fluid reservoirs. Now I know that little tingly feeling the wife feels when she gets new jewelery.

I guess I'll be a busy boy next weedend.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nice goodies! Make sure to post pictures after you instal them on your bike.
Question regarding your stands. Are these front and rear stands? I'm assuming they're not pitbull. What are they?
I'm in the market for front/rear stands...
Thanks,

~k

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have the same grips, fluid reservoirs, and blinkers, all in black though. the blinkers are AWESOME. I can't tell you how happy I am with these. they are very bright and although the shape is modern, when they blink the light is round, so it's not shocking on this bike...

many trips to radioshack to get connectors to make it look like a proper job, though...

did you get them for the rear too?

here are pics of my bike with these parts on..

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
many trips to radioshack to get connectors to make it look like a proper job, though...
Were you able to find connectors that fit the stock Ducati connectors, or did you replace the connectors? I'd like to keep the stock connectors on there in case someone wants to put the stock signals back on at some point.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Were you able to find connectors that fit the stock Ducati connectors, or did you replace the connectors? I'd like to keep the stock connectors on there in case someone wants to put the stock signals back on at some point.
No, I had to replace all the connectors. you can't even buy the ducati connectors anywhere.

the way I look at my classic is that I will keep it forever. Never felt that way about any bike. So I don't care about connectors, milage, how much money I sink in aftermarket parts, etc...

it is it's better to have a connector than some electrical tape.. and it looks very clean. I got the two prongs male/female white connectors, you have to get a cramping tool but it's very simple.

you can always install the same connectors to your stock blinkers...

for the rear, I still have the stock white plug and rigged the connection between the lamps and the plug, so I can reconnect the stock assembly very easily... with one plug.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those Rizoma grips look great. They will be hard at first and then you will more than likely get accustom to them.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have the same Rizoma grips. They felt very uncomfy at first but got used to them. :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Be sure to use the correct hose for the instal. regular fuel line hose will sweat. Just my two cense.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I never found those grips uncomfortable and I do lots of big miles.

1230 miles last weekend and no complaints..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rizoma gear is VERY popular by looking over this forum and I can see why!

I've had the grips on for a couple of weeks now (got them when I was in Italy) and have done a few short rides and not noticed any difference really.

It may take a little while to get the reservoirs installed as I want to make up some nicer billet alluminium brackets - not a big fan of the std ones.

DGJ - similar tastes! Your machine looks sweet indeed and great to see a bit of a preview so thanks for posting those shots!

koucki - I can't remember the brand of the stands. I got them from an eBay/online store based in Brisbane. Yes they are front and rear, but they are not great enough for me to rave about or recommend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In terms of connections, I am going to ask my brother for input. He does work on cars - ECU's, tuning etc and has made different looms. He has sourced some automotive connectors that are great - if my memory serves me correctly, they are green and have a small booted rubber seal around the connection. The only downfall, is that they are not tiny or cheap. But if I can fit them, I'll use them. I'll post info if/when I can get it.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I just got some crimp-on connectors from the auto store and wrapped black duct tape around them, then black cable ties onto the existing wiring loom.

·
Registered
555 Posts
BTW,,,,if you find yourself short of brake line hose for the reserviors, you can always steal a couple of inches from the rear brake. I installed a Rizoma on my rear brake as well. Stock positioning for the rear hose has it going down and around the swingarm pivot. Seems really silly because logically it can just thread straight up to the reservior. This is what I did - gave me a much cleaner and more practical look, plus I had a few inches of spare brake hose which came in handy when I installed the Rizoma reserviors on the front....

·
Registered
517 Posts
I can't remember the brand of the stands. I got them from an eBay/online store based in Brisbane. Yes they are front and rear, but they are not great enough for me to rave about or recommend.
Thanks! Just sent you a PM.

~k

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have fun Borgo. I like that little fairing you have installed. Who makes it?

C.
Thanks C. I like it a lot, but only after it was installed. Seeing it new in the box made me really wonder if it was worth the high price, but my wife made the decision - she loved it and reckoned it tidied up the rear of the guages.

It's straight from the Ducati catalogue.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Be sure you use a bit of hair spray inside the clutch grip to insure hold. I love the grips. They bite gloves and hold well in the wet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I spent quite a few hours making up a bracket/s to set up the tail tidy. Got it mounted and wired, to find out the tail light doesn't work :mad:.

And I have also misplaced the Rizoma load box (resistor) with the lead & plug for one of my indicators :mad::mad:.

I have disassembled it all now to paint the bracket and hopefully receive a new tail light. Just hope I can find the lead, plug and resistor for the indicator.

But I'm happy about the look. It tucks in quite nicely. Almost a crime to hide those beautiful Rizoma indicators.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts