• NO

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out what I have done..

the pictures should be self explanatory,, but essentially I used the triple clamp to mount the reservoir
it's low,, great,, But it may be TOO low. What do you all think? would it work?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Think it might flap about a bit Bill. Plus the idea of the reses above is if there is any air it goes above the fluid & not into the cylinder as it will do here ,possibly causing brakes no worky !!!

·
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it won't flap,, it's just right to be nice and tight,, but you are right about how it may be too low and suck air,, but it might not suck air depending on the fluid level in the container (so long as the fluid level stays above the tube in the container) but it may have to depend too much on not cornering too much or hitting any bumps in the corners.

oh ,, my name is BYRON,, BYYRROOON,, not BILL .. geez :)
thanks for the feedback though, because what you said is exactly what I am thinking is the problem. I think I will have to find an alternative

Think it might flap about a bit Bill. Plus the idea of the reses above is if there is any air it goes above the fluid & not into the cylinder as it will do here ,possibly causing brakes no worky !!!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Sorry Byron...I thought you were called Bill, I must be getting confused with other SF members.

You will be Byron from now on.............or Bill if i cant remember:)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Byron . I would,nt take the risk mate , you dont want an air gap @ 120 going into a bend , do ya ?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Up there for thinking! I do like the look alot but i'm thinking that it may be a little low. I'm no expert so don't know but can you keep me informed cause I may just copy you if it does work! :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Those Rizomas are too tall, I’d like to see something a little shorter and right on top of the master cylinder….just like Brutale

PS.

Just saw what Shift-Tech did on his bike......much better alternative in my eyes, too pricy though.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Those Rizomas are too tall, I’d like to see something a little shorter and right on top of the master cylinder….just like Brutale

PS.

Just saw what Shift-Tech did on his bike......much better alternative in my eyes, too pricy though.
Yes thats what i thought so i,m happy with my black rizomas,

·
Registered
164 Posts
They are gravity fed so they may work for a while but you run the risk of trapping an air bubble. You could raise the reservoir just a few mm and should be ok.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Sorry LaRossa but i,m lost......Thats a damper. what will this do to the fluid holders ?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Sorry LaRossa but i,m lost......Thats a damper. what will this do to the fluid holders ?
Not a thing, I'm sorry but knowing that people already hate the unadjustable damper and coming across the picture of the Arrow, I figure I'd toss it in there, sorry for drifting the thread toward a different direction.
Cheers!:)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Ahhh i see.. no prob

I still have the Matris damper off the Brutale , its a toss up to sell it or order a mounting bracket for the SF

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Ahhh i see.. no prob

I still have the Matris damper off the Brutale , its a toss up to sell it or order a mounting bracket for the SF
On a side note (another one), I just ordered a DIY carbon cans from your guy, I went for the tri ovals, I hope everything works out!
Cheers!

·
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went ahead and mounted them in the same location as the stock reservoirs.. the aren't really any taller than the stock ones but they look taller because they are not as wide (a taller aspect ratio:))

Check out my mad skillz makin washers out of pennies :) (heads up so they're lucky)

over all they look pretty good. I wasn't sure I was going to like how tall they were but they look fine once mounted up.

·
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if you could drill the mount hole (it's threaded) all the way through you might be able to, (it's currently threaded but it could be either drilled through smooth or drilled smaller and tapped the rest of the way).
It might not look as good with mine because I used the larger sized fluid container for the brake and the medium for the clutch. the medium might would fit.
I think I might keep my eye open for a nicer washer set up but I kind of like my pennies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts