·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice looking bike....

·
Registered
11 Posts
BPA5150-

how do you like your 1100?? i have been considering the model you have. did you ride the S model before you made the purchase?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BPA5150-

how do you like your 1100?? i have been considering the model you have. did you ride the S model before you made the purchase?
I hate it. You should NOT buy one. OK, you can buy one but just get a different color.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice mirrors. How is the rear view compared to the stock? Better?
The stock mirrors were bigger, but the useful view for me (behind the bike) is about the same.

The image is clearer though (and again, more useful) because there is less vibration.

They are definitely better, but honestly I didn't change them for function. I just don't like the look of the rabbit-ears very much.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the REALLY informative reply.:rolleyes:
There are literally hundreds of threads on here about what people like or dislike about the M1100, so I'm not going to write a lengthy review of the bike. Do a search and yee shall find the information thou seeketh.

Personally, I LOVE my M1100. It's a great all around bike that is light, has tons of torque and power, good handling, and style that can't be matched. It turns heads and I get questions everywhere I go. Plus, the Ducati growl from my unbaffled Termis is sweet music to my ears!

I never rode the M1100S. For my riding, I don't need the Ohlins suspension, I prefer the look of all silver (panels, wheels, forks) and it saved a few grand, so the choice for me was easy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BPA5150,
Thanks again for posting this. I just installed the same mirrors (in black).
Cool! They do give a bit more "elbow view" since they don't stick out as far.

But, like I said, I got them for fashion not function. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Still have the old mirrors?
Sell? $100.00 for both + S&H...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts