Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed Cycle Cat ST3 risers on my Classic Sport 1000. Now I can actually relax and enjoy the scenery. Did not have to change any cables but did re-route the throttle cables behind the fork. Would like to route the throttle cables infront of fork as factory original which means a new longer throttle cable. Could get by with just the pull (open) cable.

I have read where the cables from an 05 Multistrata 1000DS will fit although a little long. Does anyone know of any other throttle cable that might fit or is it just as easy to have a new cable made up? Wondering if the single cable from an ST3 might fit. Any ideas? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

The Cycle Cat Risers look good and installation was no particular problem. Helps to take the headlight off and loosen the top mounting bolts for the headlight assembly. The risers are at the lowest possible fork position meaning the bars are about 2 inches above stock. Until I replace the throttle cable the bars have little or no pull back. They are rather flat. When a longer throttle cable is found and installed I will be able to angle the bars back at, for me, a more comfortable position. Throttle cable could be pinched in their current position.

Overall I am impressed with Cycle Cat Risers. Now I need to work on the clutch master cylinder. The clutch is a killer in traffic!!!

Thanks in advance for any help

Doug

·
Registered
173 Posts
Doug,

Did you talk to Cycle Cat directly about your need of longer cables? I have purchased numerous products from them, including a then-custom set of risers for an 851, and they are fantastic people with whom to deal. They also offer several kits that come with extended cables for certain applications. So, I am certain that they have a reliable supplier for custom jobs.

As far as whether anything will work off the shelf, you'll probably have to remove and measure the stock cables and go down to a dealer to compare with cables in stock.

Glad to hear about the increased comfort. I'm sure the risers are beautiful, as are all CC products that I've seen. Be sure to post some pictures.

Greg

·
Registered
408 Posts
pics

Let's see pics of those risers...please show different angles, I am curious as to the overall look.
Thanks,
Scott
Tyler, TX

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
riser photos

I will attempt to take some shots when the weather clears enough that I can uncover the bike. Should be in a day or two

doug

·
Registered
622 Posts
FilmCam said:
I will attempt to take some shots when the weather clears enough that I can uncover the bike. Should be in a day or two

doug
It's only overcast right now Doug. What're ya waiting for? Get out and ride! ;)

Jeff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts