Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an available riser/clamp that will fit a GT top triple without modifications and will allow the use of tapered handlebars? Seems everything (Rizoma etc.) requires the recess in the triple be made larger or the base of the riser turned down a little. And no I don't want to shim the riser up with washers or a spacer....
Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
My best guess would be ROX risers.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Does anyone know of an available riser/clamp that will fit a GT top triple without modifications and will allow the use of tapered handlebars? Seems everything (Rizoma etc.) requires the recess in the triple be made larger or the base of the riser turned down a little. And no I don't want to shim the riser up with washers or a spacer....
Thanks!
LSL Bar Risers ?

I dont know if they fit in the GT triples without modification. Unfortunately when I asked Spiegler if they would fit, they didnt know and couldn't be bothered finding out.
Maybe other dealers are more helpful ?

6,048 Posts
How much taller do you want them?
I can make a production of them in about a week or two

Thanks!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much taller do you want them?
I don't want to go any higher, I want to mount 1 1/8" bars and I don't want to open up the recesses in the triple to accept Rizoma risers. And I don't want black which is all Rizoma seems to offer.
Thanks!

6,048 Posts
Choice is make a riser to accept a 29mm bar based on the stock riser style or Modify the Rizoma. Strip the black anodizing. Machine down the bottom of the risers so it will seat in to the GT triple clamp. Polish and reanodize silver. This will achieve what you want.
Either way it will cost about the same in the end.

I don't want to go any higher, I want to mount 1 1/8" bars and I don't want to open up the recesses in the triple to accept Rizoma risers. And I don't want black which is all Rizoma seems to offer.
Thanks!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Choice is make a riser to accept a 29mm bar based on the stock riser style or Modify the Rizoma. Strip the black anodizing. Machine down the bottom of the risers so it will seat in to the GT triple clamp. Polish and reanodize silver. This will achieve what you want.
Either way it will cost about the same in the end.
PIA! I guess you have made me realize how much I adore my current 22mm bars.

Reactions: Riderjeff

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mod the Rizomas

Just mod the Rizoma risers, it's easy if you're willing to accept a 98% solution instead of 100% like I did.

Put a bolt through the riser hole and put it in a drill to spin it. Gently hold a file against the bottom. You only need to take off about 1mm off the bottom 1-2mm. Tape over the top and give the now exposed bottom a little spray with dark paint. You can't see it once it's recessed anyway.

I did it this way and you don't notice it. The tapered bars are awesome on the GT.

Cheers,
Pete.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts