Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a riding trip through France this July with a few friends. None of us have ever ridden outside the UK so haven't got a clue about where to go etc.

We are getting the Euro-Tunnel to Calais and making are way down to the South France.

We are leaving the UK on a Thursday Morning and Return the 10 days later on the Saturday.

The plan is to get to Monaco ASAP via Route Napoleon and then work are way back over the Millau bridge.

I haven't got a clue what is a reasonable daily mileage on the bike's as we've never done any long journey's to date.

We would like to be in Monaco for the Sat night, is this pushing it as we don't arrive in Calais till Midday on the Thursday?

Also, Does anyone have any knowledge of good roads to capture on the way down and back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Kam,
I've ridden through France on three different occasions. My aim was slightly different to yours in that I was heading for Malaga, Southern Spain but I may be able to help you.
I haven't got the map of our route to hand at the moment but I do recall some ace roads that may be of interest. I'll try and find the info'.
You'll love it as the roads and scenery are exquisite.

Richie.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RichieW said:
Hi Kam,
I've ridden through France on three different occasions. My aim was slightly different to yours in that I was heading for Malaga, Southern Spain but I may be able to help you.
I haven't got the map of our route to hand at the moment but I do recall some ace roads that may be of interest. I'll try and find the info'.
You'll love it as the roads and scenery are exquisite.

Richie.
Thanks Richie,

first time I'm going abroad on the bike so really looking forward to the experience. I'm trying to finalise the route in the next few weeks so we can start booking hotels.

Already spending money on the bike, just bought an Ventura Aero luggage rack.

I look forward to getting the road info.

Kam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts