Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us are riding from Richmond, VA to Key West on Saturday, hitting the Tail of the Dragon on the way back. We plan on hitting the Ace Cafe at some point, but are there any other motorcycle places of interest? And good Ducati dealers that we should visit? we kind of want to pop in some Ducati shops on the way, but don't know what's close to our slabbed 95 route. Open to some suggestions.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Melillmoto in Ocala is a nice shop.

If you have a day to burn take the boat out to the Dry Tortugas. Awesome place. Google it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Be sure to take a group shot on Key West at the southernmost point in the continental US. It is well marked. There is also a big gathering every night on the beach to watch the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico,

·
Registered
13 Posts
keys

Once you get to Florida City take Card Sound road, adds a few minutes to the ride but worth it to be on a lightly traveled stretch of pavement. Stop at Alabama Jacks before you go over bridge for lunch. In Key Largo, try Mirada bay for sunset if it works out. Zane Grey bar for cigars and drinks after which is on 2nd floor of world wide sports. The entire stretch of the keys is mostly waterfront dive bars cant go wrong stopping at any of them. Same goes for Key West great food culture and non stop booze if that's your thing. My only suggestion is to avoid peak driving times as in Friday afternoon south and Sunday evening returning north. The traffic can be really heavy.

If you stop in Miami before or after, go by the Wynwood Ducati shop. That neighborhood has some of the best graffiti and mural work you'll ever see.

Reactions: mojodog

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
Ace cafe has amazing food. Quality for sure. Dont leave without going upstairs to check their bike "Museum". Also, the Dainese store is right next to it! Even though its not as big as the one in SF it still has a good vibe.

Dealers... the only one that I can think of worth mentioning is Mellilimoto in Ocala as previously mentioned. You got @Shift-Tech down in Ft. Lauderdale.

Some really good food in Orlando. Soupa Saiyan for good ramen noodles. Its a hole in the wall but it feels like eating noodles in the heart of San Fransisco.

Man, you are going at the perfect time. No rain, sunny clear skies... very jealous!

Reactions: Kirigakure

·
19,081 Posts
You gotta stop at Mrs. Mac's Kitchen on Key Largo. they just opened a newer bigger place close to the original but stop at the original. It's on the right side of the road going down. It's a tiny place but look for it. The food is awesome but the Key Lime pie is worth the entire trip. Best in the world.

·
Bon Vivant
11,316 Posts
A group of us are riding from Richmond, VA to Key West on Saturday, hitting the Tail of the Dragon on the way back. We plan on hitting the Ace Cafe at some point, but are there any other motorcycle places of interest? And good Ducati dealers that we should visit? we kind of want to pop in some Ducati shops on the way, but don't know what's close to our slabbed 95 route. Open to some suggestions.
Wow, aside from the section in NC, I think I'd rather go to the dentist than do that ride... :surprise:

·
19,081 Posts
And for sure get one of the Key West souvenir bottle openers. They are available at many places on Duvall St. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Marathon : east end , 2nd light ? Sawarsky st. “ Sparkys “ . Just before the 7 mile bridge, 7Mile Grille, Porkys. Right at light in Big Pine “No Name Pub” near dark you’ll see key deer. The Blue Hole is cool. Key West : The Green Parrot, Capt. Tony’s, Turtle Kralls, Mallory Square at sunset. Just walk Duvall at night.

Reactions: ncgt1000

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, aside from the section in NC, I think I'd rather go to the dentist than do that ride... :surprise:
Oh man I know. It's gonna be a slab but these younger guys have never been to Key West and they're stoked for the sense of adventure.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Cuban Coffee @ Cuban coffee queen Key West
Hogfish Grill is good on Stock Island
Lobster Rueben @ Keys Fishery on Marathon

t_bare

·
Bon Vivant
11,316 Posts
Oh man I know. It's gonna be a slab but these younger guys have never been to Key West and they're stoked for the sense of adventure.
since its about a million miles of dead straight flat roads I'm assuming your talking about the clubs in Key West - uhm, which are about the only things not straight... :|

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
since its about a million miles of dead straight flat roads I'm assuming your talking about the clubs in Key West - uhm, which are about the only things not straight... :|
Ahahahaha now THAT'S funny.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Just the ride over all the bridges on the way down is beautiful. Clothing optional bars here and there, like “Garden of Eden” upstairs on Duvall, above “ The Bull” where you can have a cocktail and look down on the crazies from the balcony.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Schooner Wharf bar in the seaport, outside bar, outside music, good food and surly waitresses. How long will you be down? I'm heading there on the 17th.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Billy’s for a good meal. Hogs Breath has bike parking, hard to come by. Mel Fisher museum, buy a dubloon, see an impressive treasure.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
And for sure get one of the Key West souvenir bottle openers. They are available at many places on Duvall St. :)
OK THAT'S just wrong.. this place is a better stop along the way in Ft Lauderdale:

alas, out of business long ago. but gotta love the concept.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Schooner Wharf bar in the seaport, outside bar, outside music, good food and surly waitresses. How long will you be down? I'm heading there on the 17th.
Ah we're just in Key West for the night on the 5th, then riding back to Daytona. Hitting the Tail of the Dragon on the way back, that's when the real fun begins.

Reactions: mojodog
1 - 20 of 21 Posts