Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, I'm going to make a relatively short run if it isn't raining. The cold won't bother me because I've got heated gear and I just picked up a pair of overpants. I might even head out to Berryessa if the weather looks clear enough, otherwise up Salmon Falls to Georgetown. I'll go back Salmon Falls and skip the road back to Auburn, saw alot of wet ground in the turns there last week. You never know if some of those spots are black ice.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Heck, the Hyper has been in the garage for almost a week. I might have to go out even if it is raining :think:

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Umm, I don't think this is going to happen based on the conditions now. I doubt the streets will dry by tomorrow. Next time.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as of thursday, there was still lots of snow and ice in the greater placerville area. unless this rain washes off all of it, I wouldn't recomend heading to georgetown. the photo is of my front yard thursday morning.

JB, does that creek run full time?

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was wondering if it had trout in there. Are they very big?

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldnt mind going out to. I still havent rode Salmon Falls
When the weather gets better, we will take you up Salmon Falls. I take it easy through the areas where there are rural residential driveways, out of respect to the homeowners and safety. If you have not ever been up Salmon Falls, have you ever been to Wentworth Springs Rd., outside of Georgetown? If not you will love WWS rd. Its about 10 miles of the best twisty pavement in Northern California. In fact designed by a motorcycle enthusiast.

Next to WWS I think hgwy 162 and 70 are better because they are longer. I favor hgwy 70 because the road is less tight than 162, in fact its downright awesome. Both head up into the higher Sierras to the town of Quincy. My next longer ride will be a 2 to 3 day pass Quincy and Lassen heading North or NorthEast and back.

·
Registered
525 Posts
John & MOTO

During this wet weather, what about having a bike buffing day at your place or MOTOs shop? It could cover light maintaince and cleaning. Deffinatly open to all bikes. No discriminating allowed!

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have been planning a buffing workshop for some time now. The only hang up is getting the Meguiars rep to step up for this. I met with them in Vegas at the recent SEMA show and I thought at that time a comittment was made. I'll just have to bug them a couple more times before opting to another polish and wax company. I know a lot of them, but I had been testing Meguiar's line since some reformulations and I was very pleased with the results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts