Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone recommend good riding pants for the street. I am trying to get more protection than what my jeans provide. I also would like to avoid leather. I have looked at BMW and Dainese products. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes. highly recommend Dainese. i personally use full leather set of Dainese and to be honest won't ride unless full leathers...
(if racers depend on them - i think i can)
:p

good luck keep us posted what you finally decide with...

·
Registered
135 Posts
i plan on getting a pair of kevlar jeans from cycleport (www.motoport.com).

my wife and i have their kevlar jacket. its light, without the liners, it feels like wearing a tshirt while riding. with liners (2 of them, bulky though), i wear while riding at 40F.

took me 5 months to get the jacket (each order is custom), but i'm hoping the jeans are quicker. i just need to find a pair of jeans, mark the knee pad areas (while in riding position), and send it to them.

i'm in DC metro area and i think i'll roast in leather pants.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
SpiderSense said:
i plan on getting a pair of kevlar jeans from cycleport (www.motoport.com).

my wife and i have their kevlar jacket. its light, without the liners, it feels like wearing a tshirt while riding. with liners (2 of them, bulky though), i wear while riding at 40F.

took me 5 months to get the jacket (each order is custom), but i'm hoping the jeans are quicker. i just need to find a pair of jeans, mark the knee pad areas (while in riding position), and send it to them.

i'm in DC metro area and i think i'll roast in leather pants.
I want those kevlar jeans ... if they are right in their description, it looks like the perfect street pants. The price is definitely up there though ($300)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a two piece suit from cycleport and like them very much!!! The jacket is the gp2 and the pants are ultra II's. They took about ten weeks to get but fit me like a glove. I opted for the quilted liner (jacket only) and rain liner(both). Both jacket liners do make it bulky, but warm!
The pants are cool because they have a YKK zipper all the way up the right leg and half way up the left so in and out is a total of 10 seconds and you can wear shorts or pants underneath. All my research has pointed to the kevlar material and it is accepted at most race levels and tracks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
RE: Pants

Sounds like you're on the right track. Those brands were the two best textile pants that I found after a lot of looking (wasn't willing to wait for/risk mail order). The cheap pants all fit terribly.

I went for the Dainese because they fit me better and the BMW seemed to be an even bigger premium for the name. My pants are cordura and totally waterproof, but don't breathe a whole lot.

My jacket is made of the Dainese D-dry fabric with breathes really well, but starts letting in water after about an hour or so. If you're somewhere hot, I'd try finding the D-dry pants - they're more expensive, but I'd say worth it in the long run (my dealer didn't have them in stock).

A friend bought his stuff from some big Dainese place on the web (in Denmark, I believe) and was quite happy (after waiting a couple of weeks and saving some $$$)

Good luck ...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
TonyC said:
Thanks for all the responses. Very helpful.
Other than leather, I have Dainese Ducati "gore-tex" pants. They are very nice. But spendy :mad:

I also have a pair of Icon's Super Duty pants. They are more of a "blue jeans" fit. They are very nice too. Super comfortable and they offer more protection than blue jeans and look kinda cool too. Handy if you want to stay away from leather and also avoid the expense of Dainese fabric pants [which can cost $200+++].

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-ICON-SUPERDUTY-MOTORCYCLE-PANTS-BLACK-32-MAKE-OFFER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34354QQitemZ8050603825QQrdZ1

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=ICON+PANTS+super&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&fgtp=&fmmk=&fmmd=&fylo=&fyhi=&mppfQy=ICON+PANTS&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=94104&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

·
Registered
835 Posts
do those icon pants get really hot in the summer?

and whats the deal w/ the dianese tech ducati pants?

do you have a link to them?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
ducati955 said:
do those icon pants get really hot in the summer?

and whats the deal w/ the dianese tech ducati pants?

do you have a link to them?
I have found that pants in the summer do not matter as much in hot weather as compared to the helmet and jacket one is wearing.

But no, the Icon pants are not bad during the summer. [But I only tested that one time when riding to Sacramento, California, when it was about 95 degrees].

As to the Dainese Goretex pants, with "Ducati" embroidered on the knees, those were a Ducati Performance item. May still see them there, or elsewhere. They are costly.

http://www.kc-international.com/dwc.html

http://www.onyerbike.net/dainese_pantst.php

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
TonyC said:
Could anyone recommend good riding pants for the street. I am trying to get more protection than what my jeans provide. I also would like to avoid leather. I have looked at BMW and Dainese products. Any suggestions?
On those Icon pants, I went on to eBay and made an offer on that auction I posted for you. I offered $60 and the seller came back with $73 as what he would take.

That's not bad, as I think they are $100 around the Net. And as I recall I paid about $80 for mine about a year ago.

He has them in all sizes, in case you don't wear a slim and trim 32" waist like I do. :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-ICON-SUPERDUTY-MOTORCYCLE-PANTS-BLACK-34-MAKE-OFFER_W0QQitemZ8051180660QQcategoryZ34354QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Just bought Dianese Speed Pants..Love em! $399.00 Killer protection/padding...Watch the sizes. I'm a 33 waist and fit into 32"s

1 - 17 of 17 Posts