Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you that has chosen to read this post.
I hope that you are enjoying your riding during this 2019 season.

My posting is to ask if anyone has rode on the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island?
I’m aiming to head in that direction soon and would like to just get a simple opinion or recommendations about the area and what it has to offer to riders.

The area appears to offer a lot of attractions, such as off the bike activities, hiking, kayaking and such. However this is not on my list to do on this trip.

The “Loop” itself does not appear to be that long, easily achievable in a day. However I would like to make the most of it while on Cape Breton. 1, maybe 2 overnights in different locations.

I’m not going to rush it. I’d like to spend the night at places that some of you may have had a good experience with. And any other places that come to mind.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Have done it several times, last summer on the Duc.

Expect to get wet, also warm sunshine, weather changes...

Like packed dirt? Take the Celtic Shores trail, it's groomed, some spots are little iffy, but we hit triple digits on that dirt ;)
Take all coastal roads around entire Cape Breton and the rest of Nova Scotia, little traffic and amazing views.

Camping? I like the Hideaway Campground, only stayed there once but we visited before for some fresh oysters and lobstah!

I can give you more pointers if you want, still at work at 9:30 so not in very leisurely mode...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Still at work, remembered one of the places I stayed couple years back, it was clean, quiet, like all Provincial parks

https://goo.gl/maps/F2r4q8wyDB488tP48

If you camp along the way and don't mind some dirt roads you can always go to Meat Cove, most northern point on the Cape, it's close to the Hideaway Campground (Lobster and Oysters) much less civilized and food they offered did not seem worth a risk (we just reheated some canned soup) but I was camping on the cliff and watched sunrise from my tent over Atlantic Ocean

if you look closely you will spot my friend doing Yoga on the beach below

I hiked up the hill, this is same beach but from nearby peak, my tent is a tiny dot

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts