Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those of you who ride and shoot, what's the best way to carry a DSLR on a Streetfighter? I could strap on a tankbag, but it is a bit of a pain on this bike, so I'm thinking either lumbar pack or a backpack.

Does anyone here have something they like that would keep stuff from bouncing around and not be a pain to carry?

TIA

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hiya~
I actually have a backpack I use for my equipment..It's got a gazillion
different compartments for my lenses..body..iphone..etc.. Get's a little
hot in the summer but I always feel safer with my "stuff" connected to me..
Bryan~

·
Registered
6 Posts
MMoore why do you need a SLR is it for the shooting speed? Why dont you think about getting something like a rangefinder i.e. Contax G/Leica M7, they are much higher quality, lighter, and smaller cameras than anything Nikon or Canon puts out. Even check out the new Canon S90 as it is a great little point and shoot as it has canons biggest sensor size (not megapixel count which is just marketing BS, but physical sensor size) for a point and shoot as well!.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MMoore why do you need a SLR is it for the shooting speed? Why dont you think about getting something like a rangefinder i.e. Contax G/Leica M7, they are much higher quality, lighter, and smaller cameras than anything Nikon or Canon puts out. Even check out the new Canon S90 as it is a great little point and shoot as it has canons biggest sensor size (not megapixel count which is just marketing BS, but physical sensor size) for a point and shoot as well!.
Well, I've already got the camera, and I have this really nice wide angle lens for landscapes.

I'm just looking for something small to carry the camera and maybe an extra lens that isn't too much of a pain to use.

I do like the S90 though. It is very tempting.

@SSnNY - which backpack do you use?

·
Registered
6 Posts
MMoore check out the Tamrac expedition 3 very small backpack. Your not going to fit a 1dMkIII or a 70-200 2.8 in there. But its a great little bag for consumer slrs and lenses.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I carry my camera in a Boblbee backpack. It has a hard shell to protect your belongings. The only problem is that it does not have padded dividers, so you have to protect the items within it from bouncing around.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I too have a Tamrac backpack. Fits my D80 with 18-135, a 70-300, and all the battery chargers, wires, and a small point and shoot with padded dividers. It also has a padded housing in back for a laptop and on the top of the bag, there's another spot for other odds and ends. Since I use this bag to carry my camera while hiking, I usually throw in some granola bars, toilet paper, five fifty cord, and anything else I plan on taking for a day hike.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I use an Axio hardpack to carry my gear around. It's not specific to cameras so I keep most lenses in their own cases and they sort of jostle for position if I'm bringing a lot along, but I'm getting more and more towards the one-lens per day sort of shooter.

http://axio-usa.com/

I have the old Ducati Pramac edition Swift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts