Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My fiance was in an accident on her 09 696 on Monday. A Land Rover ran a red light, and she T-Boned him. Shattered pelvis, broken ribs and a fractured vertebrae. Please keep her in your thoughts and, if you pray, your prayers.

So far the prognosis is good long-term. She'll be in the ICU for at least this week, in the hospital for another few weeks, and in a wheelchair for the next few months, but she will walk and hopefully ride again.

Thanks and love.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
damn that is my biggest fear, getting T boned by a car. Good luck, hope she gets well soon.

·
Administrator
12,562 Posts
On behalf of the admins here please tell her that she is in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Mr Leakered
8,823 Posts
Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear the bad news.

It has just be an entirely crappy year for riders. Seeing the way folks (or shall I say idiots) are driving, it can only get worse.

Please tell her to get well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I still think running a red light and hitting someone should be a very serious crime. People who do that need to go to Jail or lose their license for a year. There is never an excuse for running a red light especially here in Jersey considering 90% of the lights those annoyingly bright LED lights.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A prayer for recovery

Prayers will be said tonight. I wish her a speedy recovery. Negligence like this (running a red light is a negligent act, not an accident in my mind) is a tradgedy that happens too often on the road. It's especially saddening when it happens in my neck of the woods.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
We can really have a constructive discussion (in most cases) regarding this subject, but for now I want to extend my thoughts to your fiance for a speedy and full recovery.

·
Registered
230 Posts
damn that is my biggest fear, getting T boned by a car. Good luck, hope she gets well soon.
I still think running a red light and hitting someone should be a very serious crime. People who do that need to go to Jail or lose their license for a year. There is never an excuse for running a red light especially here in Jersey considering 90% of the lights those annoyingly bright LED lights.
Not that it makes a difference, but OP said she T-Boned him after he ran the red.

Very sorry to hear this, I will say a prayer tonight.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Best wishes, I hope that the recovery is speedy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts