Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to finishing off the full length video I posted a clip from a while back.

It's a bit over 1/2 an hour, and is of my local (I live at one end) road. This is what Ducatis were REALLY designed to travel over. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok - here's another effort. Crap video, as I was experimenting more with positioning to avoid wind noise, than for a good picture. Though the end result was good enough that I'll figure out a better (smaller) mount with an adhesive mount - some time.

Anyway - the audio came out pretty good. Soothing for those of us missing being out on their 900. Turn the volume UP!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ok - here's another effort. Crap video, as I was experimenting more with positioning to avoid wind noise, than for a good picture. Though the end result was good enough that I'll figure out a better (smaller) mount with an adhesive mount - some time.

Anyway - the audio came out pretty good. Soothing for those of us missing being out on their 900. Turn the volume UP!

Sure love the sound!! I'd kill myself trying to drive a bike on the left side of the road. Not sure of your pipes but they sure sound great. Thanks for sharing.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,310 Posts
Hate to say it Steve but I liked the video portion of your first vid a whole lot more. Unobstructed forward view.

LOL I swear I was going cross-eyed staring at that black spaceship thingy that you have mounted directly in front of the camera in your second vid. Shame too because the audio in your second vid was miles better. Had the volume turned up like you suggested,bike really sounds good!

I'm with Finally Home,being from the US it was mildly disorienting watching you ride on the left side of the road. o_O

Thanks for sharing my friend. At least for awhile it broke up the monotony of this whole shelter in place business.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol. Yeah - you're right about the picture vs audio. The first video, I've got the camera mounted on the tank with the suction cup - which gave a good view of the road in front - but I wasn't able to mount it far enough forward to get it out of the wind.
I'd gone for a ride to see a friend of mine before the NZ lockdown started up (next day), and he was still out when I got there, so as I had the Go-Pro in my tank bag, I thought I'd mess around with the suction cup mount, and try and find a different mounting point that would pick up the engine sounds without being drowned out by wind noise. It worked - but the way the mount fits on the screen, means I couldn't quite get the camera a clear view. Next time, I'll use an adhesive mount, which has a much smaller footprint.

Hopefully, next time I will also have a rear mounted rear facing camera, and I'll try and split the audio to get the audio from the camera onto the rear of 5.1 speakers, and a PIP of the rear view. I'm still learning the editing (Resolve) software, and what I can do with it.

Anyway, I figured the end result sounded good enough that it was worth posting up - thought (hoped) it might help the boredom levels of those stuck indoors. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts