Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share my ride with you guys...

Yesterday my hubbie and I hopped on our duc's early in the morning and decided to take the scenic route through some mountain twisties that follow the shoreline to one of the Greek islands in the Ionian sea called Lefkada:)

It's about 180km from where we live and the view is breathtaking along the way. Easy access too cos this island is connected to the mainland with a bridge. Hadn't been there in a year so needed to refresh our memories! I rode my SS800 and Bill (hub) took the 749s:D

Anyway, the road takes you through villages and it seems that region of Greece has heaps of farmers with livestock cos all along the way there were all sorts of animals grazing in the side of the road (and in the road!). Yes...I survived cows, pigs, sheep, goats and even a donkey!!!:confused:
It was a shame there were all these animals in the road cos the route has some great bends at an angle and with good tarmac down. To be honest I threw caution to the wind through the good bits but it was worth it! Bill was even worse than me!

When we got there we met some friends who live there and we sat at the marina for a coffee. Turns out about 15 other bikes showed up in our group as they came from Corfu(another Greek island) to meet our local friends. Only a few duc's among them, a 999, a m695 and one of my loves the sport 1000S monoposto and red!:cool:

Didn't take many pics on the island (just one of the bikes outside the cafe) but have some nice ones from the road...enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Excellent pics, looks like the both of you had a good time. Been to Corfu but never made it to Lefkada.
Still waiting for the sun around here to brighten things up...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys:)
yeah,it was a beautiful day and spring has only just begun! Hopefully next Sunday I'll have another destination to post!;)

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
The color on the 800SS is beautiful. I have never seen it in that color. It really compliments the lines of the bike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this Sunday, hoping the weather holds out!

I'm expecting at least 11 Ducatisti from Europe in May to thunder the mountain twisties with us so I'll definitely have some more stories and ride reports ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts