Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is nothing to see here folks...move along. If you are looking for anything other than some blathering diatribe about riding on an SC at high speed with some friends, I'll tell you up front - this won't be the post for you.

There is still time for you to reconsider and choose to go elsewhere. OK - Consider yourself warned.

Its been some time since I took the camera along for a ride. So I packed the Nikon D40 with a cheapie Tamron 18-250mm lens. To my eye this set-up takes pretty good pics out of the can and I have been really happy with it. I was particularly stoked today because DGJ and I were heading out for our new favorite ride now that the crest highway is closed. Going to head through Ojai via the 33 to the 166.

Lets just get straight to it...

This is where I go during the Monday morning meeting...

F A S T E R!

Where's Frodo?

The topography changes here are dramatic...

The Gang.

waRRIors come OUttt to plaYEEaAA!!!

1st Place - DGJ at home at speed.

2nd Place - LA-DUC - doing my best to look the part.

3rd Place - Fred. To L.A. via Paris - old friends with DGJ. His second ride here in Ojai and a natural.

Got a little giddy...:p

CREDITS:

DGJ - showing us how to levitate. :cool:

Fred.

Yours truly.

The SC's in all their glory. I'm way faster with no plate.

My SC with its problem of the day. Yep, an oil leak. Somehow blew the seal to the oil sensor and oil was leaking like nobody's business. Check out my header and Termi. Frame was covered and it occasionally made its way to the tire. Color me temporarily bummed. :(

The temporary fix. Worked pretty well all things considered. All praises to zip ties and shop towel.

THE END -

Rubber side down gents!! See you all next time ;). Post your pics - I like to check out where you guys spend your time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looks like a great ride! I'd love to join you guys sometime, that is if you don't mind a newbie.:eek:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Rubber side up gents!! See you all next time ;). Post your pics - I like to check out where you guys spend your time.
great post Justin. Thx!

but, em, do you mean to say.... rubber side DOWN? ;)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed. Yes...down it is. Tired and thinking of Alexi's wreck there last week...:p.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The SC's in all their glory. I'm way faster with no plate.
Plate fell off again, huh?

Looks like a great time. Great weather here in Dallas today but no roads that compare to that.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
thanx for sharing.. nice pics. looks like a fun little group... i used to ride up that way a lot.... roads' got a good flow to it.

just curious... in the pic titled "The Gang"... is that on the the 33?.. or is it on Cerra Norreste?... hard to tell, and it's been a couple years since i've been up to those parts...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Dietrich

Come on down to San Diego when you get a chance,

we should put something together in the month of December.
Have the LA boys come down and you head west, young man.

Nice pics and ride photo's Justin , looks like we might have to come visit.

Ciao

Andy

Nice write up! ...been trying to figure out how to get back to CA roads in the near future.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks like a great ride! I'd love to join you guys sometime, that is if you don't mind a newbie.:eek:
All riders welcome, just one rule: ride your own ride. Some are faster than others. Last weekend was my friend Alexi's first long run and he went wide on a turn, low-sided... he's OK, but the bike (M696) had a cracked frame = totaled. When we asked what happened, he said he was trying to keep up...

Plate fell off again, huh?
he never put it back on.... can you believe it? but to his credit I think he's waiting for the FLEDA peeps to send him a new plate bracket... (mega-HINT...)

thanx for sharing.. nice pics. looks like a fun little group... i used to ride up that way a lot.... roads' got a good flow to it.

just curious... in the pic titled "The Gang"... is that on the the 33?.. or is it on Cerra Norreste?... hard to tell, and it's been a couple years since i've been up to those parts...
That's on Cerra Noroeste... good eye! my favorite stretch...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
thought it looked familiar... love Cerra Norreste... i have a friend that used to live in Pine Mountain... we'd ride that sucker twice a month.... good stuff...

i got to get new tires on my 900 and join you guys. my last riding buddy moved to Hawaii... need to hook up with new riders out there... give me a heads up on the next one my friend...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
thought it looked familiar... love Cerra Norreste... i have a friend that used to live in Pine Mountain... we'd ride that sucker twice a month.... good stuff...

i got to get new tires on my 900 and join you guys. my last riding buddy moved to Hawaii... need to hook up with new riders out there... give me a heads up on the next one my friend...
Will do for sure. For my part won't be until the 14th, (can't next weekend), but you can definitely count on it then. We usually meet at the Chevron at Crescent Heights and Sunset at 8am, take the coast up to Ojai, ride up the 33, Lockwood valley rd, stop at Pine mntn for lunch, then do Cerra noroeste until the 166 and then turn back around... it takes the day.

the more the merrier..

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
sounds good... gives me some time to get my Duc some new shoes... see ya in a couple of weeks...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts