Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings all,

Anyone want to make plans for a ride on Sunday this weekend? I am going to spend Saturday with Nicholae at Gateway and some others of you might be at this track-day as well.
Let me know so I can plan a route for the ride.

Fred

·
Registered
322 Posts
The track day is saturday.

The races are sunday..........I'll probably be at both. Although I do need to put some miles on this bike to get it broken in.:):):)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I cant do sunday morning, I switch over to dayshift then....so if anyone still wants to ride after 3pm let me know

rob

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just dropped my bike off at motorrad. As it turns out the sprocket assembly 195lbs of torque on the nut holding it. I was unable to budge it. If I get my bike back by sat I will be there on sunday.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dang! They were still open at midnight over at Motorrad? :) Hope you get it sorted out soon, the weather will be good(dry) for a ride this weekend.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I tried everything. It is put on with an impact wrench. I had my 240lbs friend sit on it with the rear brake engaged. I was lifting him and the bike off the ground. On the plus side. I bought a crapload of tools and finished my motorcycle trailer. My new 3/4" socket set goes up to 50mm. If anyone needs a tool to work on their bike, I probably have it now. Except for an impact wrench.
On another note, I saw Vito's bike there.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Geez freak.

Why does it need so much TQ. Maybe my 79hp little guy won't have so much TQ on it when change time comes. Did you have them go up two teeth our three..................Now would be the time..............little more umph. Jerry has a very strong 3/4 impact wrench but don't know if he has sockets that big. Isn't it a 46mm if I remember right.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Jeff, the only thing holding the sprocket is that nut. Its at motorrad right now. I was sent the wrong rear sprocket and Donelsons sold me the wrong cush drives. I have to take them back in the am and bring them the right ones. My sprocket is being overnighted sat delivery for an xtra 50 bucks. I am going nuts without my bike. It should be done tomorow afternoon. I hope.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aug 16 . . .

Hey all,

Things have changed at my house, so I will not be riding on Sunday. Sorry about that, I jumped the gun. You guys can still go for a ride, though.

Fred

·
Registered
307 Posts
I thought lefty loosey righty tighty pertaind to women. I prefer righty's. Leftys remind me of a holiday turkey. lol

If I get it going Ill give you a call.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Rob holler on here if you get your bike back.

I am suppose to go to the gateway races tomorrow. I got to leave in minute for the track day. Kind of getting burned out not riding on the weekend. Think up a route over in your twisties I might just come over and ride with ya. Fred won't be there we can wear swim suits, flip flops, no helmets and run 210 mph LOL.......................:D:D:D Oh shit....................:) You might as well head over for some track day and hang out with us. Fred should already be there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am suppose to go to the gateway races tomorrow. I got to leave in minute for the track day. Kind of getting burned out not riding on the weekend. Think up a route over in your twisties I might just come over and ride with ya. Fred won't be there we can wear swim suits, flip flops, no helmets and run 210 mph LOL.......................:D:D:D Oh shit....................:) You might as well head over for some track day and hang out with us. Fred should already be there.
lol JT! i like you style. i'll brush off my speedo's for this sunday. im down for an afternoon ride so yellow rob doesn't feel left out. i might have a friend on a gsxr 600 come with us too. he'll be good for planning a route if he makes it. i'll touch base with him tonight.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Drew

I figured Fred will get a kick out of it :). He stayed all day helping a fellow ducster out at the trackday:cool:..............Yeah maybe you guys can give me a call if you get together with Coprob for a ride tomorrow. Then again tomorrow evening it will probably be about 95 degrees. :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts