Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a new helmet, and I am ready to resume my post as "Ride Coodinator" - Beth, get me a price on the 999s so I can be back to 2Ducs!

The weather is suppose to be beautiful this Saturday, and a ride is on!

Meeting place is out for poll...

Pancroft has a friend who has a coffee shop in Highlands, so if it is not open, we can blame him this time.

Around 10:00? Final details, including route will be up Friday Morning.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Meeting at Cafe Mondo, 33rd & Tejon @ 10:00. We will roll at 10:30

I am thinking south, through Perry Park to Larkspur/Castle Rock.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ride - 2/4/06

Meeting at Cafe Mondo, 33rd & Tejon @ 10:00. We will roll at 10:30

For those that live south, we will make our fuel stop at the BP on Santa Fe, just south of C-470 at @ 10:50.

From there, South through Perry Park to Larkspur/Castle Rock.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Today I did a short ride up through Morrison to check the roads –they were pretty much what I was expecting based on the recent weather. The temp in Denver was 55 and it definitely felt 45 as I passed Red Rocks. The roads were pretty clear, although there was a very light dusting of sand in some places, you know, where the color of the road looks a little Tanned.
Occasionally there were some significant piles of sand on the double yellow line, for the most part, the lanes were clear. There were also one or two patches of moisture from melted snow –easy to spot though.
I made my way up through Evergreen, and then along RT 74 to I-70. I went back toward Denver on 70 one exit (Genesee?) and crossed over 70 and continued along on the frontage/service road which was totally clear. I rode conservatively on tires that have about 20% life left and they held fine. I would’ve liked to explore Golden Gate or Turkey Creek for conditions, but I just did not have the time. For all those that make it out on Saturday –Have a blast!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all the came out

Great riding with all of you again.

I did not get any pictures. Did anyone?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts