Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
comrade moderator
26,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another GREAT day of wandering around the 'Daks. Grounder on his Mighty GS1200, Koyote on his Mighty Green Tiger and me on Hi Ho Silver met at my place and headed up Number Four Road to Stillwater - BigMoose - Eagle Bay Roads to Eagle bay, of course, and hung a left. Don't know why, we had no real plan other than to see where the road took us.

After a minor altercation with a Seasonal Yuppie in Inlet (I was parked too close to his shiny new Vette, he didn't like it, I didn't like him, so I guess we were even) we discussed the days ride over coffee and a really good doughnut. North East was the topic with the vague notion of seeing where the Adirondack Tag was headed, and to hit Tracy road. It was close enough to a plan for us and we were off.

A few miles out of Inlet and what do we see, in stark contrast to the Harley Parade, a black - no, make that a blindingly shiny black - Wee-Strom, piloted by none other than WLightn hisself. (OK, this is the second weekend I've run into this guy. Next weekend if it happens again I will officially become paranoid.)

He thought our plan (?) was wonderful, and seeins how he can ride down the road monitoring ADVRider in real time, GPS mapping and probably skynet, we invited him to join us.

And there was much rejoicing.

We did North. Then we did East. Then we had lunch in North Creek at a really good sandwich shop with kinda of steep prices. The we did some more North and some more East and...I dunno where...but we discovered Jackson Pond Road...Holy Crap was that beautiful!! That was worth the ride all by itsself!!

Unfortunately I was low on gassish so we didn't explore the many side roads that were probably every bit as good as Jackson Pond...but that's why there are motorcycles and summer and more of both yet to collide this season. In Other Words: We'll be back!

More gas, more North, some West and some confusion (these guys are great...two false starts and u-turns and nobody kicked me offa my bike and sped away...awesome riding partners!), then a little back-an-forth on Ensign and Tracy Roads where I channeled my inner Doohan and tried my best to re-create my past via beveled footpegs. Well, tried being the key word there. Somebody else lead! Up 73, tagth grabeth, and looking at the time realized we'd best get a move on if we all want to get home tonight. Easier said than done in that part of the Adirondacks on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, and I'm sure none of us were convinced that was such a horrible fate, either. Kind of a no-lose situation.

Anyhoo...that was basically the day. Koyote and Grounder split off at Tupper lake and took Rt. 3 back to Watertown and points West while Mr. Lightn and I had a marvelous doughnut and hotdog stop at Stewart's in Long Lake, the Light-Man peeled off at Inlet and I re-traced our steps from Eagle Bay this morning making it home well into reserve and Deer-Thirty.

Most Excellent day, Most Excellent riding partners and lets get back out there to Jackson Pond road and explore the area!

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
More picture please. :)

Did you ban the dude in the Vette? :D

·
comrade moderator
26,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang...I didn't think of that! Wish you were there. :)

I love the Adirondacks...it's spectacular at every turn, but without a doubt I like it best in the fall when all the seasonal's from downstate have fooked off for the year and it's just the locals. You wouldn't believe the change in attitude that happens then. Everybody suddenly becomes twice as friendly and laid back.

I hereby invite anybody who wants to come up here and explore, I've got two spare rooms (furnishings are sparse so BYO air mattress) and plenty of yard space for tents, travel trailers, motorhomes or however else you roll, hot shower and coffee in the morning, etc. Make a long weekend of it and we can cover most of the major highlights.

It's one of the great motorcycling areas in the nation and I'm proud and lucky to be able to have it in my back yard.

·
Still needs a life.
12,612 Posts
I am looking forward to photos in the autumn (bad luck to say "fall" on a motorcycle site).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts