Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the S ride height adjuster work on the standard model? I was at the track this past weekend and had all sorts of difficulty getting the hyper turned in when compared to my track bike. It could use a higher rear. I plan on pulling the forks up into the triples, but wanted to see about the adjuster while I was at it.

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, I had one installed on my standard before delivery. Raising the rear at the track made a huge improvement for me. Before that the front was not holding at all and was downright scary a couple of times. I cannot tell you exactly how much compared to stock as I added a few millimeters after an initial 10mm bump from where it was at. Front sticks very well now and feels good.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I had one installed on my standard before delivery. Raising the rear at the track made a huge improvement for me. Before that the front was not holding at all and was downright scary a couple of times. I cannot tell you exactly how much compared to stock as I added a few millimeters after an initial 10mm bump from where it was at. Front sticks very well now and feels good.
you summed it up perfectly. I saved two low sides on my knee my last day on the track. I couldn't get to my apexes the same way as on my R6 and was going much slower. The front had no feedback and felt so numb. My girfriend asked, "why do you hang off of the bike so much and don't lean it over?" I was doing all I could do to turn the damn thing and was getting my arse handed to me all day.

where's a good place to find one of these?

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Motowheels has them for the superbikes and I think it's the same rod. Call and check though... :confused:

linky

·
Registered
52 Posts
Never looked at aftermarket as there was not one for the bike when I got it. It was listed and assume still is in the factory accessory catalog for the Hyper. This was all two yrs ago this month.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I set my link to 13mm over stock S height for the NJMP tracks. It feels good and holds a line all day long!:D

·
Registered
605 Posts
The aftermarket rods appear to require that you have the heim joint ends from an OEM adjustable rod, or get an industrial equivalent. The OEM rod on the standared bike is one piece.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I replaced my stock base model rod with the adjustable "S" model rod with no issues. Easy swap.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
The Hyp ride height rod is the same as the 748/998 in MM's. So if you have a spare old SBK rod laying around, you're good. That being said, the chassis is very similar to the olde SBK for that reason, so if you changed your front geometry to the SBK(triple to axle), you would be very close to the old SBK models.

I'm guessing it would stick the front then. :)

A cheap but timely fix is to swap the eccentric 180 degrees. It sits up top vs the SBK's on the bottom. So a swap should net you up to 2" of rear ride height with no money out of pocket. You may have some issues with chain length though.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Hyp ride height rod is the same as the 748/998 in MM's. So if you have a spare old SBK rod laying around, you're good. That being said, the chassis is very similar to the olde SBK for that reason, so if you changed your front geometry to the SBK(triple to axle), you would be very close to the old SBK models.

I'm guessing it would stick the front then. :)

A cheap but timely fix is to swap the eccentric 180 degrees. It sits up top vs the SBK's on the bottom. So a swap should net you up to 2" of rear ride height with no money out of pocket. You may have some issues with chain length though.
all good info. I will change my WTB thread to include the 748 and 998 models. I only track the bike once a year. So, I can be patient to wait for an adjuster. That way I can have some room to adjust it to the way I like. The eccentric sounds like a pretty trick change. Very interesting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I changed my entire shock on the 796 than raised the rear by about 1". It made a huge difference for me. I highly recommend this mod for anyone who actually rides hard.

Now I just need to re-aim my headlight

1 - 13 of 13 Posts