Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my '02 998 from a gentleman who was a bit stouter and shorter than I am and he had the ride height adjusted all the way down. I would like to raise the rear up a bit, but am having a bit of a problem loosening the lock nuts on the dang thing. Do I need to remove all weight from the rear swingarm in order to do this or did the shop just over tighten this thing? I am to the point where I am thinking of just ordering a new one that isn't such a pita.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I purchased my '02 998 from a gentleman who was a bit stouter and shorter than I am and he had the ride height adjusted all the way down. I would like to raise the rear up a bit, but am having a bit of a problem loosening the lock nuts on the dang thing. Do I need to remove all weight from the rear swingarm in order to do this or did the shop just over tighten this thing? I am to the point where I am thinking of just ordering a new one that isn't such a pita.
They are known to seize up, you need to remove it so you can get it in a vise, otherwise you will just strip the lock nuts. The end of the shaft that has a grove in it is the L/H thread, once you get it all apart, clean the threads and antisieze them it will be easy to adgust even with weight on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts