Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo, i put some dunlop sportmax's on my 749 in time for road america thursday....

noticed they are about 1.5" taller than my 180 michelins, so I wanted to drop the rear ride height. went to adjust....and couldn't figure out how to loosen the lower lock nut. Yes, I'm aware it's a left nut.

do i just need to give it more juice? i could break the upper loose just fine, but not the lower...

·
Registered
797 Posts
You may find the front tire to also be taller. In which case both balance each another out, right?

What model qualifier? Did you check OEM spec on both brands?

I have used them on a few different bikes, and never adjusted my ride height.

An +/- 1.5" is a lot, which is +/- .75" taller, but are you comparing to a used Mich?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, 1.5" difference in diameter?
Possible the lower nut threads have corroded a little causing the bind. This is very likely to be the case for the actual adjuster rod, so be careful when first attempting to adjust. If the rod won't easily rotate, then my rec would be to remove the assy, use lots of WD40 or some other lube to free the eye-bolts. Re-assemble using lots of high quality grease or anti-seize.

·
Registered
228 Posts
be easy with it.

Make sure you don't round the nut off. It is much easier to turn off of the bike, in a vice. I stripped my ride height adjuster when I was doing the swingarm conversion.

I got lucky. Turned out I didn't need it, and used the one off the 998.

I wish they made a replacement adjuster like on the 1098 / 848 its a much better design.

·
comrade moderator
27,249 Posts
749's love rear ride height. If you can get it without increasing swingarm angle, great! Unless you have the front set to the steep setting, I would leave it, personally.

Otherwise I agree with the "remove it" advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts